Using Tabber with Variants Problem

• Thank you received: 13075
12 years 6 months ago #28555

I looked a bit on that page extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/contents-panel and found the Qlue Tabs module which might be able to do it after looking at the code:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di...contents-panel/16354
I didn't try but I think it's your best bet.
As it is a module and not a plugin, you will need to create one module instance per description and use the loadposition plugin of joomla to include the corresponding module instance in your description.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #28558

Hi Nicolas,

Given the number of items I think using the module/loadmodule trick maybe a bit of an administrative nightmare in the long term. We will have to try some other layout methods and drop the tabs, which is a downer. :(

Thanks for looking in to the problem much appreciated.

12 years 6 months ago #28559

Hi Nicolas,

This maybe a daft question, but do you think it would be technically possible to get the Tabber to trigger and refresh correctly after the characteristic is selected? If there is a hook or event which we could get Peter to use maybe some of us could club together and pay him to add the functionality to his plugin.

Thoughts?

12 years 6 months ago #28505

Hi Hikashop Team,

We recently purchased your cart system and on the whole it has been a very nice experience, thanks for all your hard work. :)

Searching the forum and google didn't produce any info on our problem so here it is...

We have come across a problem when creating our product items pages. The article is using NoNumber's Tabber plugin to display item data in a few tabs which works fine, until you add a Variant into the mix.

When a visitor visits the item page everything is fine and dandy all the tabs function as expected, but when a Variant is selected the first tab loads no problem with the relevant content, unfortunately none of the other tabs are usable. This is probably an ajax related issue or something where the Tabber Plugin isn't being processed after the select variant event.

Is there anyway that this behaviour can be changed so that processing the Tabber plugin is forced?

We also intend to have a gallery in a tab which is also a plugin - presumably this wouldn't get processed either. Obviously we haven't tested this because we can't open the tabs, so we have stopped testing this concept.

Any suggestions or solutions gratefully accepted, thanks in advance.

12 years 6 months ago #28526

After digging about I found this thread Tabs stop working... unfortunately it's not really the ideal solution for what we were/are trying to achieve.

Is there any method/plugin for using tabs/sliders within a product item page which has selectable options, variants or characteristics etc.?

Thanks in advance

• Thank you received: 13075
12 years 2 months ago #39505

Hi,

There is no javascript triggers there so that wouldn't be possible at the moment. But it woudl be possible to add one if that was needed. So if someone is ok to modify the extension to make it work, then we can add such trigger on our end.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds