Totals on dashboard still off.

• Thank you received: 10
9 years 4 months ago #177477

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4

I have reported this earlier on and hoped it would be fixed but totals in table reports we setup are still way off.

They only reasons I can think off that Hika has issues with comma separation for decimals?

When I export the totals and do a check in excel I get completely different numbers. Very frustrating for our managers.
Its also not a little off:
Hika total for this year: around 20.000 than excel comes around 14.000
Simpel setting for the totals: this year, tax excluded and only confirmed payments. Tried to set it to fixed date to get around an earlier bug but that does not change anything. It's also the same for all websites.

Besides that I constantly loose my widgets with all setup totals. More frustration. We want to use Hika as a professional tool but this is not good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 4 months ago #177673

Hi,

Would it be possible to have more details about your configuration, your store, your currencies (etc) ?
We are not able to reproduce your problem in our local websites so I think you should have something different which would explain your issue.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Jerome.

9 years 4 months ago #178983

Hi Jerome, I have always test sites/copies of the current sites so you are always more than welcome to have a look there:

In general: setup is in Euro's no other currencies.
When I do a simple test like trying to show all completed orders from 1/1/70 to 1/1/2025, no VAT and nothing else selected, basically showing the total of all complete orders I get in the dashboard: 39.405,78 as total ( yes note the comma, :blink: )

When I export the completed orders (love that mass action option) and run a total in Excel, I get: 32263,10997
When I check the amount of orders in the dashboard versus excel, I get the exact same amount. In this case 207.

Other test: Set the order total for this month (5 orders confirmed), dashboard shows 6 orders for this month and the total but there are only 5 confirmed. Total in excel is 594 and dashboard shows 1720.66. Doesn't matter if I set the date fixed or choose the preset for this month. Een when I add a sixth order it still does not add up to that total.

This is consistent through multiple sites.
I have checked for wrong entries but there are no refunds (yet) on that site, all incomplete orders are removed, no shipping so all pretty straight forward.

Let me know if you want access to one of the sites and where I can mail the details or if I can do any additional checks.

Bastiaan

9 years 4 months ago #179037

Hi,

Well, I will require an access to one website in order to see it directly.
I think that there is something wrong in the query made by the report ; the goal is to know which element are taken in the processing which should not be there.
Affiliation ? Wrong filter ? Query error ?
For the moment I just got speculation ideas.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #179184

Hi,

I made some tests and the queries looks good.
I think that you are not looking at the same values than the widget.

The query is different if you want to include the taxes and the shipping.
In your configuration, you did not include the taxes or the shipping ; so the widget only use the prices of the products.
More than that, the processing is not using fixed dates in the way that "month" is not "since the begin of this month" but the last 30 days.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #179214

Hi Jerome, thanks for checking.

I am full aware how I set the reports. Normal companies work with netto (no tax) totals, so I have set it properly. Of course the same with my checks. Nothing I don't understand there. I have also installed invoice manager and there the totals are also correct.

And yes I am aware that the time periods are not what they seem to be, thats why I also tested with fixed date periods to make sure I was covering the same period. This was already mentioned in my previous messages.

Pity you did not find a cause for the issues. I will also run some more test and see if I can find out where it goes wrong. Most logical if the queries are right, is that it is missing some filters. Could be discount or VAT related.

9 years 4 months ago #179215

Hi,

I do not know your orders better than you.
I activated temporally the debug mode in Joomla and display the dashboard.
Thanks to that, I could see the SQL queries made by the report system ; I'm not very confident with the ways that the report system is making is processing but the basic looks good.

You can do the same if you want to get the full SQL query and try to see the difference between your result and the report result.
But without a direct access to the database and knowledge about your orders ; It it difficult to me to know if a number is right or wrong. It is for me just a number and it does not look "abnormal" (not like I got a "45 thousand euros for the orders of the day")

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #179302

Did some more tests on the following setup:
1 order 347 euro 100% discount - total 0 confirmed
2 order 347 euro no discount - total 347 confirmed
3 order 347 euro 100% discount - total 0 confirmed
4 order 347 euro 100% discount - total 0 confirmed
5 order 347 euro 100eur discount - total 247 confirmed
6 order 347 euro no discount - total 347 created
7 order 347 euro no discount - total 347 created

Setting this in a widget setting including tax and only confirmed gives 2082 as result.
Of course the result should be 347+247= 594

So it turns out Hika seems to skip the fact that I only want confirmed orders and also skips the 100% discounts. On top of that it ignores the 100 euro discount number it seems and forgets about the amount completely.
if we do 6x 347 it equals 2082.
This is a major issue I can't solve and definitely needs a serieus check.

• Thank you received: 13035
9 years 4 months ago #179327

Hi,

I've configured a report on your website to display the total of the orders per year for all time :
take.ms/E9pwL
The total for 2014 is 22574.
The resulting MySQL query is:
take.ms/nUqST
And it looks just fine to me for the purpose of the report.

I tried to access the orders listing in order to export the orders as a CSV in order to be able to compare the report and the data in the database, but there is a fatal error which prevents me from doing that on your website:
take.ms/sclb3
And there is no fatal error message displayed as your server is configured not to display them but to store them in the php error log. Could you check in that log the fatal error message at the end so that we can see what's going on and get the CSV file ?
That will allow us to make the calculations manually via excel and see the differences and from there, we'll be able to debug the code based on the difference we see in the calculations.

9 years 4 months ago #179392

Hi Nicolas, back from the Joomla party :-)

Sorry you went for testing while I had the website on PHP5.5 to find the reason why Hika is not working on our servers with 5.5.
Its back to 5.4 now and than all is fine to access the orders.

9 years 4 months ago #179669

Hi,

Nicolas is not yet back ; he took few hours to help us with the support.
He should be currently in the plane (or will be soon) and will be fully available Monday morning.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #180100

Guys, this is still pretty important, and need to be solved asap. It's been going on for too long now. It's nice that the queries look good but it's the totals that count and they are way off.
This is an issue for a long time with first the wrong periods and now the wrong totals. It's really important for all the managers and accounting people here.Some sites do now 200.000 to 500.000 a year. Than financial planning is crucial.

9 years 3 months ago #182023

Hi,

I wasn't able to connect to your FTP server: take.ms/BrbPz
Nevertheless, I did some tests in your website and on my end and added some fixes for the total calculations on the statistic table reports. It seems to give better results.
Replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/widget.php with the one in the archive enclosed and that should help. If not, please make sure that the FTP access is valid so that we can look at it again.

File Attachment:

File Name: widget_2.zip
File Size:13 KB

Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago #182131

Nicolas, great that you found the time to look at this. I have added your widget to a few sites and will test them in different settings.
Officially I am on holiday so I work a bit less than the regular 18 hour days but will also let the users check it.
a quick check still showed some differences but I want to make absolutely sure it was not my fault and that takes time.
I will let you know the results in a while.

Thanks so far!

Bastiaan

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 4 months ago #254972

We are experiencing the same issue with the Dashboard totals. Using table reports does not show the correct totals for some reason. Was this fix applied to the latest version of HikaShop? Thank you for your support.

7 years 4 months ago #254975

Hi,

As far as we know, the totals are corrects now and the patch that was provided on this thread 1 year ago was implemented at that time in HikaShop.
To be able to help you, we would need screenshots of how your reports are configured, their results, and a clear description of the problem (what is wrong and what is ok in the screenshots) so that we can analyze the situation.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds