Google analytics plugin

• Thank you received: 1
8 years 10 months ago #203035

-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0

Hello.

I have some questions about the Google analytics plugin.

First of all I have enabled and configured the plugin, but it has some extra options that the documentation link ( www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...oogle-analytics.html ) does not show. And I am not sure if I have the correct ones.
You can see these settings in the file attached.

Also I have added the GA code that analytics gave me at the index.php file of my template by hand.

The problem is that Google analytics does not track my orders (the Ecommerce field in the GA panel).
Maybe I should change something to the plugin or add any other feature/code in Hikashop?

Is there a way to figure out if the proper code is being placed at the source html code at any step of the checkout procedure?

Best regards
Dennis

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
8 years 10 months ago #203037

Hi,

Try to activate the "always use direct call (UA)" setting. It should work better as sometimes, based on how you configure your checkout, and the payment methods you're using, the non direct call might not be taken into account by GA.

Otherwise, the javascript code is added on the thank you page, after your payment gateway redirects you back to the website after the payment if the direct call is not activated. If you turn on the debug option, you'll see the logging of the exchange with GA in the console of your web browser on that thank you page.

Also, please note that it usually takes 24h for GA to display the orders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds