Monthly Sales Report s a listing

• Thank you received: 7
8 years 7 months ago #211530

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.artistpapers.co.uk
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3

Hi,

I want to be able to generate a monthly sales report as a listing. I can see how to do it as a graph, but if I select the display type to list the data type "Sales" disappears.

I don't want a graph, I just want a list of months with the sales revenue for each month. A fairly basic requirement I would have thought but how to do?

Thanks,

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
8 years 7 months ago #211533

Hi,

There is no option to make that display as a listing, only as a graph as we didn't see any use to have it as a listing.
But you can always have it as a graph and export the report in order to get a CSV of the data used for the graph which will actaully be a listing of the sales per month (if you configured your graph to display like that).

8 years 7 months ago #211572

Hi Nicolas,

Does it help if I say there is a use to have it as a Listing? Can that option be added?

A monthly sales report is surely the most basic and fundamental requirement. The idea of the dashboard is to give a quick, at a glance view of how the shop is performing. Exporting the data as a csv does not fit in with that model and is not really practical.

Once again Hikashop frustrates me.

Regards,

Ian

8 years 7 months ago #211577

Hi,

We do see the need to be able to see the sales per months and also think it is a fundamental requirement, and that's why is has been the first thing added with graph displays.
Between a sales monthly report in graph and in listing form, the only difference is that you have to hover on the graph points to see the values, but you already have a quick, at a glance view, of how the shop is performing with a graph (I would argue that it is even easier to see the changes between the months with a graph). So there is not much difference in my point of view between what you want and what is there.
Sure we can look at adding that in the future.

8 years 7 months ago #211598

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the reply.

I respect your point of view but put yourself in my position, I have developed the site for my customer who is saying to me "I would like a list of monthly sales figures that I can quickly glance at and get a view of how we are doing, like we had on the old site". You are asking me to sit in front of him and say "The software developer doesn't think you need that".

I can't imagine it's too difficult to do, as you say you have it there but presented as a graph, so I hope this can be added soon.

Ian

8 years 7 months ago #211635

Hi,

Remember that HikaShop is open source software. Any view and any file can be modified if necessary. So what you want can always be done. You can do whatever change is required by the client if he has enough money to pay for a developer to customize it if there isn't already an option in HikaShop to do it.
That's the power of open source software which you wouldn't be able to do with closed source software.

We do our best to answer our customers feedbacks and keep improving it but we can't do everything everyone want and we have to choose priorities, so remember that you always have the possibility to develop things on your end, and even contribute back improvements as several developers or already did in the past so that everyone else can benefits from them.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds