Custom Reports from Custom Fields

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 8 months ago #247160

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1

Because we rent out items, we cannot run reports by "order date". I created a custom field with a calendar for the customer to advise the event date.

1. I need to create a report that shows me, based on the event date, what is being rented. How do I do this?
2. I also need to run a report that shows me, based on the date I choose, a list of what is being rented, how many, and how many I have left. If I can have the customer's name that would be good too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
7 years 8 months ago #247164

Hi,

Go in the menu System>Mass actions and create a new mass action on the "order" data. You can add a filter on the custom field product column name with the value of the date you want (check in the database table hikashop_order_product table for the format of the dates in your custom field column so that you can have filters the way you want), and then add an action "display the results" or "CSV export" to either display the listing of the products or export the products data with the selected columns you want when you click on the "process" button there.

7 years 8 months ago #247196

I will be utilizing the results display as I will be referencing this when I have a customer on the phone and they want to make a reservation.

I am still not getting what I want. Getting closer though.
I have attached a file, Capture that shows what I am looking for and a Mass Action file that shows what my current set up has.

When I receive a call, I need to be able to look at the date the customer is looking to reserve the equipment. I want to be able to see how many of an item is rented and how many I have available. I want to see if a particular item is negative as this would be my way of knowing I will be looking at my fellow businesses to sub rent from them.

I hope this adds additional clarification as to what I am looking to do or if maybe I have settings that could be better set up.

Attachments:

7 years 8 months ago #247211

Hi,

So how did you configure your custom field ? Could you do a screenshot of that ?
And could you also do a screenshot of the mass action settings you have for the result you provided so that we can get a better grasp of what's missing ?

7 years 8 months ago #247304

I have all of the custom fields under "order". Is there a particular field you are interested in looking at? I don't know which screen shot to send you.
Attached is the Mass Action settings. I hope pdf is okay.

Attachments:

7 years 8 months ago #247311

Hi,

Reading your other thread www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...r-date-of-event.html I now understand what you want and why you want it.
But I don't see how you'll be able to have what you want with what is already available.
What you can do with mass actions is to create several mass actions, one for each date of event, with something like that:
take.ms/OFPrF
And that will give you a listing of the products bought for a specific day with the quantities purchased, and you would have to manually sum the quantities to know the amount ordered for each product.
So it's not really practical for what you want to do with it.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds