disappearing widgets using table view

• Thank you received: 8
7 years 6 months ago #249596

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2

Hi,

Untill recently I ignored the reports on the dashboard. Now I started using them.
I noticed an issue while editing table widgets (like the standard Main statistics).

Sometimes they disappear. Suddenly they are gone from the dashboard and from the reports listing. This might happen after saving the widget (but not always), but once a widget was gone without anyone changing it.

They are not deleted or depublished. These widgets still are in the dbase table hikashop_widget. However the column widget_access is empty. Other widgets have 'all' in the column widget_access.
After adding 'all' to this column, these missing widgets show again

Apparently somehow the value 'all' gets lost.
This has happened in Hikashop 2.6.3 (Joomla 3.6.2) and Hikashop 2.3.3 (Joomla 2.5.28).

Is this a bug, or did I do something wrong?

regards,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 609
7 years 6 months ago #249604

Hello,

We are unable to reproduce your issue... Can you provide some backend references in order to process some tests ?

Note : You can use our Contact us form in order to provide access references, don't forget to add in your message an Url link to this topic.

Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Philip.

7 years 6 months ago #249939

Hi Philip,

I understand this isnot a known problem.
Reproducing might be difficult since the disappearance does not occur always, only occasionally.

My suggestion is I'll carefully examine the situations where the problem arises. Maybe I get a clue what triggers the disappareance.
I'll post again as soon as I have extra information.

STOP PRESS, HOT NEWS: RESULT OF SOME RESEARCH:
I've discovered when the problem always occurs (also on the Hikashop demosite).
- Open a report and choose table type.
- Add a table and click OK in the popup.
- Then: navigate to Orders/Reports WITHOUT SAVING
- Now this report is gone from the listing. In the dbase the column widget_access is empty.
- After adding 'all' to the empty dbase column the report is back again (and the newly added table is present).

I usually don't forget to save after making changes, but in this situation I'm afraid I sometimes do.
This is probably caused by clicking the button OK in the popup. After that the table statistic is visible and one is tempted to think: okay, it's done. Quickly go to the dashboard to see the result.

Often when one forgets to save a Joomla item, the changes are lost. However In this special case there is a punishment: the changes are applied but the item is lost.
Perhaps you can find a way to prevent this happening.

Regards,
Udo

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Udo. Reason: New information

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 6 months ago #250162

Hi,

Thank you for the detailed report.
If you add the line:
if(empty($widget->widget_access)) $widget->widget_access = 'all';
after the line:

$widget->widget_access=$safeHtmlFilter->clean(strip_tags($formData['widget']['widget_access']), 'string');
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/widget.php does that fix the issue ?

7 years 6 months ago #250206

Yeah, this hack helps!

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds