Sitemap.xml Question

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 7 months ago #278011

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1

Hey Guys, I may be asking this in not only the wrong category, but the completely wrong product. As you know my knowledge of websites is very novice, but where is the Sitemap.xml stored, and what app actually is in charge of it? Is this something that is a part of Joomla or HikaShop?

My site is using HikaShop 3.1.1, Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.7.5 Stable [ Amani ] 14-August-2017 12:09 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

My understanding is that there is a limit to the Sitemap.xml to 500 links in the version that I am using however, when adding up the internal / external links I am WAAAAAY past the 500 link limit. Is there anything that I can do about this? My understanding is that with not having all the links available in the sitemap then the SEO will basically not be able to index the entire site and it more or less will treat the site as if it were still blocked by the Robots. I do not know that the ramifications of this. Is there anyway to work around this perhaps with Xmap? Is this at all possible? Again, I know this isn't really the right place to ask this but I just wanted to see if you guys can help point me in the right direction for this question.

Thanks!

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 94
6 years 7 months ago #278044

Don't use Xmap any longer, it's not supported. We recommend JSitemap Pro, although it does take a bit of a learning curve the first time. You can have every product and category, with canonical URLs, from HikaShop populate your sitemap.

storejextensions.org/extensions/jsitemap_professional.html

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by PolishedGeek.

6 years 7 months ago #278062

I will talk to my developer about this, if this will solve the problem of having the 500 Link Limit in Sitemaps, then this would be perfect. I don't believe that my SuperUser privileges gives me enough rights to work with this kind of thing, as I don't have access to even the file "Robots.txt other then through the HikaShop Global Config.

Hopefully this will take care of my issue. Thank you for that info!

Cheers!

6 years 7 months ago #278073

Sorry, I have a question about this. I believe that we are using HikaShop Business. Would this still work? Or do I need a different License? HikaShop version 3.1.1.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #278077

Hello,

See : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation.html
Integrations > External Services > "Site map extension"

(Yes "sitemap" features are not part of HikaShop and are provided by third party Joomla components. It's outside the limit our support)

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 7 months ago #278132

Thats perfectly fine. Basically since I am not entirely sure what is part of HikaShop and what is not, just pointing me in the right direction is all I ask and you have done that.

Thank you very much! I will talk to my Developer about this and see what options we have available as I don't want to wind up with a site that can't be indexed.

Cheers!

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds