29 Dec 2017 07:46

how to handle please select on custom fields

Category: Content Creation

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

hi

i created single drop down custom fields with values like "please select or please choose" . What should i do so that users can not save this option.

to explain further if "please select" has a value of 0 how do i tell hikashop to stop saving because the user can not select this option.

thank you
29 Dec 2017 07:51

tags are empty when clicked

Category: Install & Update

hi nick

how do i add a page info on top of the tags?

example if the tag is samsung cell phone and i clicked it the page will provide me information such as

50 results for samsung cell phone. 1 - 10 of 5

something like this.

also what file to edit?

thanks
19 Jan 2018 13:23

how to configure search filter

Category: Filters & Search

-- Joomla version -- : 3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

hi

on my text search filter i would like to know how to configure this to provide the best display results

i have a product named "ferari 4". when i type this with a space it appears but

when i type it on search like this "ferari4" it doesnt appear. how can i fix this?

thank you
25 May 2018 18:05

hi cpu usage

-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38

hi gus

im getting complaints from my host telling me im having hi cpu usage. they said this is one of the culprits.
1. Executed 12h 7m 10s ago for 54.227097 sec on Database --> Unknown (NOT FOUND / DELETED)
Date: 2018-05-25 00:37:37 Query_time: 54.227097 Rows_examined: 32: Rows_sent 15 Lock_time: 26.725440
# Schema: mayari79_l15t6we  Last_errno: 0  Killed: 0 SELECT * FROM s0671ast_hikashop_filter WHERE filter_published = 1 AND (filter_access = 'all' OR filter_access LIKE '%,14,%') ORDER BY filter_ordering; 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2. Executed 12h 7m 10s ago for 40.320099 sec on Database --> mayari79_l15t6we 
Date: 2018-05-25 00:37:37 Query_time: 40.320099 Rows_examined: 32: Rows_sent 15 Lock_time: 13.004399
# Schema: mayari79_l15t6we  Last_errno: 0  Killed: 0 SELECT * FROM s0671ast_hikashop_filter WHERE filter_published = 1 AND (filter_access = 'all' OR filter_access LIKE '%,14,%') ORDER BY filter_ordering;

the queries above according to them are slow and causing the problems.

can you tell me where this query is being done? is this query running even do no one is accessing the site.? if this is indeed causing the issue can you tell me how to fix this

thanks in advance
15 Jun 2018 13:28

hi cpu usage

hi

how many is many? i mean how many is considered many? 3? 5? 10?

thanks
21 Jun 2018 06:12

speed up my site (product images)

Category: Product & Category Display

hi

im trying to speed up my site

can you tell me how i can reduce the quality of the images when im using category list or product list? i mean if the products being displayed are more than 1 and images are only thumbnails, i would like to reduce the quality.

if it is a product page not much compressions is needed.

thank you
21 Jun 2018 07:10

shipping methods assistance

Category: Shipping Methods

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 7

hi

before updating im trying to test the shipping method.

i want to establish a FREE shipping method for a certain zip code as can be seen on the SS.

i also want a fixed shipping code for all areas as can be seen on the SS(Screen Shot)

i also configured one for a province.

i cant get it to wotk, please guide me. even do i have set a delivery address of bulacan the other shipping cost is still showing. isnt it suppose to automatically filter what shipping cost best suit your zip code?

also how can i configure the site so that seleected areas where we can not deliver will automatically notify the buyer that we do not deliver on that location or zip

thanks
07 Jul 2018 05:51

How to change the default state

hi

upon checkout buyer is required an address

how do i change the default state?

thanks
07 Jul 2018 08:09

infinite scroll

Category: Product & Category Display

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4

hi

im trying out the latest version of hikashop and found the infinite scroll

i have a lot of products and this should be nice the only problem is that it automatically loads products endlessly

my initial installation already has 500 products so the content on the bottom can no longer been seen.

is there an option to manually load the items?

not the pagination?

something like load more.

thanks
08 Jul 2018 19:52

How to change the layout of the cart view on checkout

Category: Checkout

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4

hi

can you please guide me where i can modify the layout of the cart view in the checkout.

i would like to make it appear in the right side like my example.

thank you.
09 Jul 2018 12:48

Hi Nick

thank you for your answer.

my other questions

1. would it be totally ok if no cart view on the checkout process and only display it on the module? i mean no technical issue?
a. How can i remove the image, name and price or cart title in the module?
b. can increase the size of the image? i tried using css and the image is blurred

2. Another thing i would like to customize is actual checkout.

this is what happens

a. once shopper checks out as guest he will fill up his email and delivery info.
b. he ticks billing and shipping is the same
c. He selects payment method, example is paypal
d. accepts terms and conditions
e finally clicks finish

but the page reloads displaying billing and shipping address, the shipping info, terms and again the payment info.
would it be possible to add everthing on one page?

when shopper click finish he is already sent to what ever payment facility he chooses

3. can you please tell me where to customise the selector? how can i make the content of the selector appear under the selector? just like the normal tabs.

thank you for your patience
12 Jul 2018 18:47

pleaes see my other inquiries

b. Using the "Thumbnail (width x height)" and "Force image size" options via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main"

this did not work, i already set the thumbnail to 200X300 force image size . just to clarify this is the one that i want to change. i want to change the image size to 200X300. Also how to remove the titles image, name and price.this is the cart module

c. 2. Can you check if you have properly et the "Checkout legacy" option to "NO" via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Advanced" ?

Yes, this is set to no. To clarify when i removed the restrictions on the payment and shipping plugin checkout was one click only. This is what i want. The problem now is in this setup there is no restrictions working. I think the reason clicking on next on the initial setup takes two steps is because of the hikashop is validating the address and running the address info to the restrictions. is there setup where this can work on the same page with out loading or via ajax i gues?. so that the restrictions will update on the fly.

3.Can you show us more information about what you want to customize and how ? Thank you.

i want to change the selector layout into tabs layout. How can i change this so that clicking one tab will display the fields below it and not on the right side. in the screen shot clicking a button will display the fields on the right. i want it below the buttons. CAn you tell me what to do? which file to edit?

thank you for your patience
15 Jul 2018 17:33

how to use mass action for image upload

-- HikaShop version -- : hikashop 3.4

hi

i created a custom field for products which is an image upload. The image to be uploaded is an admin task which is generic to all products. somthing like a logo of fresh product, best buy or something to that effect.

how can i do this to all products using mass action?

below is the sample of the SSL logo i added to the product page

and here is the configuratioon

thank you
23 Jul 2018 13:58

how to display both billing and registration page on checkout

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 5.5

hi

how do i display both shipping and billing at the same time?

thanks
24 Jul 2018 05:43

hi nic

to clarify, i was taking about billing and shipping during checkout.

what i have now is during checkout the billing appears and buyer has the option to check or uncheck the option to have billing and shipping address to be the same.

what i was asking is that during checkout the billing and shipping to appear side by side.

thanks
25 Jul 2018 18:42

hi nick

can you pls tell me what the normal setup for checkout hikashop has? am i right that the customer has to click something if he wishes to fill up a separate shipping address?

also is there a reason why hikashop has no billing and shipping side by side? is it better?

thanks
26 Jul 2018 23:43

how to add text on checkout page (billing and shipping)

-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.1

hi

how can i add a text in this part of the checkout page? something like "every time you purchase your billing and shipping info is saved"

can you point me please where this is?

thank you
07 Aug 2018 12:41

hi

its not appearing i tried to add this as seen below

is this correct

below is what i can see in the front end. its still only one

thanks
08 Aug 2018 07:04

HI

when i followed the instructions both billing and shipping disappeared and a button appeared.

1. When clicking the button that is when both billing and shipping appears. If i remove the button the billing and shipping will appear after clicking finish. My questions is would it be possible to make this a smooth checkout? Upon checkout, billing and shipping address, shipping method and billing method will appear in one page. when buyer is done with his selection simply click finish and his done.

2. if i select the option with show submit button = of

shipping and billing address does not appear, what i can see is the shipping and payment method. after clicking finish the billing and shipping address appears. after filling this up another scenario presents itself. to click save or not. if he clicks save no new page appears but if not he goes straight to finish, a new page will load. So these is a bit confusing and is no longer a one page checkout. if i choose this setting can these be a one page checkout with everything already out?

3. if i select the option with show submit button = on

clicking the button will display the shipping and billing address but if buyer does not click ok button he will be presented with a new page as shown below.

so my next question is can we have a smooth checkout without the extra buttons? after filling up the forms and clicking the desired payment method the buyer clicks finish and his done. Maybe i just need to configure it correctly.

4. BTW when i followed your suggested configuration the radio button informing the buyer that address is same with shipping,Same address for shipping, is no longer working. so uncheck or check doesn't matter and buyer needs to fill up both billing and shipping. how can we fix this? please

5. Also how do i set the check boxes to uncheck. So that the buyer will have to check it if he wants the billing and shipping to be as one.

i tried different configurations to check if i can get a smooth one page checkout but i cant make it work. please assist

thanks

[Moderator : ] Don't edit your message a long time after had posted it, if you have something to add or correct post a new message, thanks for your attention.
09 Aug 2018 06:42

how to display both billing and shipping page on checkout?

-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1

hi

this is from this thread as my question has evolved
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/895336-h...age-on-checkout.html

What i want to do instead is to display both billing and shipping page on checkout
Displaying 341 - 360 out of 490 results.
Time to create page: 1.112 seconds