[SOLVED] PayPal Shipping

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #8273

After sending a live order through HikaShop Starter, I received the following Admin email:
____

Paypal payment notification refused:invalid amount

Hello,
A Paypal notification was refused because the amount received (24.94USD) is different from the order amount (19.99USD)

____

The price difference is the $4.95 shipping configured via PayPal, and no shipping charges are added via HikaShop.

Additionally, after a transaction is completed, and PayPal accepted the full $24.94, in the backend of HikaShop it shows that the Sale is only for the product amount, $19.99.

I haven't removed the shipping configuration from PayPal yet, because that PayPal account also accepts orders from other sources than just this website, so I can't just assign shipping via HikaShop. Are there any additional settings or code tweaks that could improve this communication between HikaShop and PayPal, or will I need to assign shipping in HikaShop and connect it to a different PayPal account without shipping configurations?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Joomla 1.5.22
HikaShop 1.4.4

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sidfilmz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 2 months ago #8275

Paypal does not send to hikashop the information about shipping that is added on paypal's end so it can't update its information. It just sees that the amount paid is different from what it was expecting.

You should indeed set the shipping in hikashop and use a paypal account without shipping set up to solve the problem.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #8286

Thank you. I had a hunch that would be the simplest solution.

So far this has been a very nice component, and I appreciate your time & energy on developing it.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
13 years 3 weeks ago #12244

oops, nevermind!

Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by hkingman.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds