IE Errors - Address & Cart Errors

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #9272

I am building a site for a friend and everything about Hikashop looks/works great on Firefox. But on IE 8, I encountered two problems that has stumped me:

1.) Address/Shipping Problem - When the customer makes the first purchase and adds his Address/Shipping info, the ability to change it (including the buttons needed to change the info) disappears next time the customer tries to buy an item again. There is no way to change the info. Clearing the browser cache AND the Joomla cache does not help.

2.) Cart Module Not Updating - Upon adding a product to the Cart, if the customer decides to delete the product in the cart module, the item does not disappear and remains in the cart. No error message is shown and so the customer thinks the product is permanently added to the cart.

The site is: cedology.com

It is currently running the most latest version of Hikashop as of today.

Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 1 month ago #9277

1/ I'm not even able to address an address. What checkout workflow did you set ?

2/ I see that you change the cart module code. Does it work if you revert your customization ? Did you make your modifications with the latest version of the view file ?

13 years 1 month ago #9322

1.) I tried the following workflow: address,shipping_payment_confirm_coupon_cart_status_fields,end

That didnt work. So I changed it to: address_shipping_payment_confirm_coupon_cart_status_fields,end

Both the above settings didn't work and the address is still not showing.

The only changes I've made pertaining to the address is through the Views (address_template)... See below... but I doubt this has something to do with it....

defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');
?>
{address_title} {address_firstname} {address_lastname}
{address_company}
{address_street}
{address_city} {address_state} {address_post_code}
{address_country}
{address_email}
<?php echo JText::sprintf('TELEPHONE_IN_ADDRESS','{address_telephone}');?>

2.) I didnt touch the cart in views. The changes I made are through the normal module (Display > Content Module) customisable settings. I also tried setting the cart to Mini Cart but it still does not update/delete/remove the product. I do notice that when I click the delete/remove button on the cart, the Quantity briefly shows "0". So I think the deletion does work, but I think the main problem/bug is that when it does update, the page does not redirect (like how it does with Firefox). It still stays on the checkout page or whatever current page it is on. This leaves the customer into thinking the product is permanently added to the cart.

The only change I've made to Hikashop pertaining to any page redirect is through Configuration > Checkout > Continue shopping button's URL. That is set to return the customer back to my shop's main page. Again, in Firefox, the cart updates perfectly and redirects back to the shop's main page. But on IE, it does not redirect and so the customers is led to believe the product is permanently stuck in the cart.

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by mochiazn.

13 years 1 month ago #9328

1/ You can't have a checkout workflow with the address view without the login view as hikashop needs to be able to link the addresses to a user. The problem probably comes from there

2/ When that happens, it's usually because of some caching issues. Could you make sure that the joomla caching options are turned off in the config of joomla, that the system cache plugin is unpublished, that the joomla cache is purged and try again ?

13 years 1 month ago #9330

1.) "login_address_shipping_payment_confirm_coupon_cart_status_fields,end" ... That workflow default setting works fine and brings up the address. (What I was trying to do before was bypass the login since the client just wanted a quick check out process without having to force login/registration. But this isnt a big deal. If it has to go through login then that's fine. It was puzzling how Firefox accepts it without login but IE, like all things tempermental about that darn browser, is picky about it.)

However, I have noticed a new bug though. Once logged in, if I uncheck option in the Shipping Address ("Use the same address as for billing"), the "NEW" button does not show up and there is no way to add or edit a new shipping address information. Also, checking and unchecking the option does not even show a copy of the billing address on the Shipping Address side. No browser errors show up. It's just as if the option for the "Use the same address as for billing" just isn't doing anything. (I also tested this in Firefox and, as expected, it does work perfectly! Just IE being ever so picky.)

The good news is... the "NEW" button (including the delete and edit button) for the Billing address information shows up fine.

Just for reference, I'm testing it on IE version 8.0.7600.16385.

2.) It was the "System - Cache" plugin in Joomla that was causing IE to not purge the Cart. (Again, in Firefox this wasn't a problem at all.) Thanks for the help on this one!

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by mochiazn.

13 years 1 month ago #9339

The problem with the checkbox on IE comes from your template. You will find the solution on that thread :
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...hipping-address.html

13 years 1 month ago #9342

I cant you enough for all your help! Everything is solved now.

Just to close this up....

1.) You're right. It was the Rocket Theme template that was causing the input box from showing the Shipping Address information and buttons. This is what I did and the solution was fairly simple to correct without scouring the Rocket Theme template files....

I went into my Template Manager and into my current Rocket Theme template. In the Gantry settings under "Advanced", I found the option to for "Input Styling." I just turned that off and the Hikashop input box for Shipping worked. So all this time, the culprit in IE 8 was Rocket Theme's Gantry.

2.) As per your advice, turning off the plugin "System - Cache" in Joomla allowed the Cart to update properly again in IE.

Now Hikashop works perfectly for me in both Firefox and IE 8!

Thanks again! You guys are much loved and admired for the great support!!!!

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds