Purchase Orders (USA)

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 weeks ago #12295

Hello,

I would like to use HikaShop so that customers can resister and place orders by using a Purchase Order (PO). In other words, they simply register and then provide a PO number (just a blank field to provide the number). I don't see this as a payment option. Will this be available in the future? The institutions that place order from me are large organizations with creditable background.
Thank you
AG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
13 years 4 weeks ago #12318

Hi,

What you can do is remove the payment view from the checkout workflow option and add a custom field to the table "order" (only in the business edition) in order to ask your customers their PO number during the checkout.

12 years 11 months ago #15499

Thank you for your previous reply. I've purchased the business version. How do I remove the payment view from the checkout workflow option and add a custom field to the table "order"?
Is the checkout workflow found under 'configuration'?
How do I get to/access the table 'order'?

Can customers have an option of paying with a credit card (via Pay Pal) or by simply paying by providing a Purchase Order Number? I would like them to have the option of do either.

Thank you

12 years 11 months ago #15508

Yes, the "checkout workflow" option is in the checkout. You can remove the text "payment_" from it in order to remove the payment view from the checkout.

You can add custom fields via the menu Display->Custom fields. There, click on new and select the table "Order" in the "Table" option.

If you want to have both possibilities, you shouldn't remove the payment view but instead, configure both paypal and the "collect on delivery" payment method. You will have to change the name of that last plugin to "Purchase order" and its description. Finally, you will have to go in the configuration under the tab languages to change the text strings related to the collect on delivery plugin in order to change them accordingly.

12 years 10 months ago #18063

Once again thank you.

I was able to add the custom 'purchase order' field by going to Dislplay-->Custom Fields, "Order" in the "Table" option.
So now customers have the option to pay by using a Purchase Order number or via PayPal.

However,
1) When I go into the cart to check out, I am required to enter a PO number even if I select my payment option as PayPay (i.e. to credit card). If they choose paypay they should not be required to enter a Purchase Order number. How this requirement be removed (or the field disappear) if the customer selects PayPal method?

2) When the order is submitted I get the message at checkout:
"Your order is now complete.
The amount of $XXX.00 will be collected upon delivery of your order
Thank you for your purchase."
How can I customize this confirmation message?

2) When I checkout, the order is immediately submitted without any opportunity to preview. I would like my customers to preview their order before submitting. Is this possible in Hikashop business?

Thank you!
AG

12 years 10 months ago #18068

1. You need to edit the file fields of the view checkout via the menu Display->Views. There, you can change the code:
if(hikashop::level(2) && !empty($this->extraFields)){
to:
if(hikashop::level(2) && !empty($this->extraFields) && $this->payment_method!="paypal"){

2. You need to go to the Languages tab of the configuration in order to override the translations:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

3. Sure. You have several possibilities depending on what behavior your prefer. You need to customize the checkout via the options in the configuration, under the tab Checkout. There, you could change the "checkout workflow" option in order to add a new step, or you could deactivate the auto selection of shipping and payment methods which would enable the user to review all the information before finishing.

12 years 10 months ago #18430

Thanks for the information.

1) thisdoes not seem to have worked. I'm still asked to enter a Purchase Order number when I select my payment method as paypal/credit card. Could it be that I don't actually have a Paypal account linked?

2) this worked!

3) I deactivated the auto selection of shipping method and indeed it adds another screen before completing order. Is it possible to have text appear that states "Please confirm the following order information is correct, etc"?
Also, if instead I were to make the change by making a change to the "checkout workflow", how would I do that?

The current text in the "checkout workflow" is:
login_address_shipping_payment_confirm_coupon_cart_status_fields,end

Thank you!

12 years 10 months ago #18440

1. Are you sure that you made the modification for the correct template ? If so, could you give a link to your shop ?

3.The checkout workflow option has a lengthy documentation on that page: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...config.html#checkout

9 years 11 months ago #156999

Hello,

I am wondering if there has been an update to the checkout process since this post three years ago?

I would like to have a purchase order payment option. Is there an easy way to implement this feature?

Thanks.

9 years 11 months ago #157029

Hi,

Yes still the same for now. You can create an offline payment method and rename it (like the collect on delivery for example) and then create a custom field so that the user can enter the PO number.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 10 months ago #157247

Hello Nicolas
what can I do if I want my customers to give their a Job name/PO for each product purchased?

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 10 months ago #157353

Hi,

To let the customer give a job name for each product purchased, you have to use the custom fields of the "item" table.
This way in the product page they can set a name.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds