Access control levels?

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #21133

Hello,

I have a feature question/request regarding HikaShop.

Is it possible to set up user groups, or use ACL with HikaShop?

We sell water treatment chemicals and equipment and would like to display all of our products that we sell, but have some items only available for purchase if the customer is part of a special registered user group.

For example, some of the chemicals we sell are HazMat chemicals with shipping restrictions. We only want these to be available to customers that have gone through a special application process, but we still want them to be visible to the general public with a message along the lines of "Must Have Special Account to Purchase" and a link to apply for such an account.

We would also like to have additional shipping options for registered users.

Is this possible?

I am currently using Joomla 1.6 and plan on updating to 1.7 when it is available.

Thanks!
Wayde

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 9 months ago #21135

Hi,

That is already possible with the Business edition of HikaShop.
You can restrict products, categories, prices, discounts, shipping methods, payment methods to groups of users.
More specifically, you will be able to restrict the prices of your hazardous products to only that special group of users. Then, on the product page, the add to cart button won't be displayed for other user groups and they will see instead of the price the "Free" text that you could override in the translation edition screen (accessible via the Languages tab of the configuration ) to what you want "Must Have Special Account to Purchase"

12 years 9 months ago #21222

I don't actually understand. So it means that you can sort products by registered group or user group, is that right? Will you be able to provide the step by step procedure on this?

12 years 9 months ago #21235

It's really easy actually.
You can just create your product normally. Then, after you've added your price and saved the product once, you can click on the access level edition icon for the price and only select the groups which should be able to buy the product.

Then, on the product page, the add to cart button won't be displayed for other user groups and they will see instead of the price the "Free" text that you could override in the translation edition screen (accessible via the Languages tab of the configuration ) to what you want "Must Have Special Account to Purchase".

I invite you to try on our demo website.

12 years 9 months ago #21285

Thank you for your response!

I tried to do this in the demo. It worked at first, but I think the demo reset, and I tried to do it again and it didn't work. The price went to $0, but it didn't say free, it said $0.00 and you could still add it to the cart. I did go into the configuration and change the "Display 'add to cart' button for free products" set to "No".

Also, when an unregistered user is placing an order, is it possible when they are submitting their address to have the button say "submit" rather than "register". I would like for customers to be able to ordering without any registration at all, so that there is a clear distinction between an unregistered guest who can purchase a limited number of items, and a registered guest with a "special account" who can order anything, including the hazardous chemicals.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

-Wayde

12 years 9 months ago #21300

The demo website is indeed reseted every hour. If no price is found, it should display Free. It has always worked for us.

You can change any text in HikaShop by overriding it in the translation edition screen (accessible via the Languages tab of the configuration ).

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds