Paypal Payment Notification no Address

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 8 months ago #22036

Hi,

I upgraded to version: 1.5.2 last week and since then every paypal payment notification email we receive does not have the customers address, it just shows the products purchased. What has gone wrong?

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by spoOx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 8 months ago #22062

Hi,

You're talking about the email sent by paypal to you as seller ?
If so, you should look at the address override option of the paypal plugin:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...in-paypal.html#20997

If you're talking about the email sent by HikaShop to you as seller after the payment has been made, there never was the customer address in it.

If you're talking about the email sent by HikaShop to you as buyer after the payment has been made, the address should still be there as we didn't change anything on that end since at least half a year.

Could you specify which email you're talking about ?

12 years 7 months ago #22799

Hi Nicolas,

Yes I was referring to the email sent by Paypal. I enabled address override and that partially fixes the problem. I now receive the addresses in the email but ONLY for UK addresses. International addresses are still not sent :( Please help..

12 years 7 months ago #22801

Did you try the no shipping modification ?
These both settings have been integrated in the paypal plugin as options in the latest version.

With the both settings we cover all the possibilities offered by paypal regarding the address handling. If it still doesn't work, you should ask the paypal support as we don't have any control on the rest on HikaShop's end.

12 years 7 months ago #22818

Hi Nicolas,

where is the No Shipping option located?

It's just that it used to work fine before I upgraded Hikashop as I mentioned in the original post so I can't see it being an issue from Paypal side...

12 years 7 months ago #22820

It's in the paypal payment plugin options. Please make sure that you have the latest version.
The only thing that changed on that end since the beginning of HikaShop are these two options. By changing their values, there is no reason it wouldn't work like before.

12 years 7 months ago #23097

ok, I've tried both options now and here are the results:

1. With Address Override set to No: International addresses not coming through.
2. With Address Override set to Yes: Yes addresses coming through BUT huge problem: some customers being rejected by Paypal with the error message along the lines of:

"Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address."

This is a big issue for us :( the thing is that the previous version used to work.. Below are the settings in the paypal plugin as we have them:

URL: www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr

Address Override: (Tried both)
No Shipping: No (again, tried both. With Yes, there's no Address in email)
Allow payment notifications: Yes
Send Details of the order: Yes
Return method: No

Any ideas?

12 years 7 months ago #23104

As I said, the only thing we did was to change the paypal plugin to have these options instead of having their values set in the code. I'm afraid I can't help you more on this as the problem, even if caused by HikaShop's paypal plugin's settings, is done on PayPal's end for which we don't have any access or information.
Please contact PayPal technical support so that they can help you with this issue.

12 years 7 months ago #23134

One thing I noticed which may or may not be causing the issue is that I noticed in plugin configuration the following option is repeated twice:

"Send details of the order Yes No"

Once near the middle and once at the end.

**** UPDATE ****

I think i've narrowed down what the problem is. It looks like it is only happening to United States Addresses. All other countries are fine..

12 years 7 months ago #23153

Just to make sure, did you change the codes of the USA country zone via the menu System->Zones ? Because that could cause such problem: PayPal wouldn't be able to recognize the code of the country.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds