International shipping rates are too high...

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #34220

Hi,

I have both UPS and USPS plugins with every single shipping option selected in the admin for both.

I have tried plugging in some international addresses that are accurate (addresses from distributors my company uses in places like the UK and France) and I am now discovering why I have not had any orders outside of the US!

1. The USPS plugin won't return any quotes and shows an error when trying to retrieve the data

2. The UPS plugin shows outrageous rates, I think the cheapest I could find was $78? This was for a 1 pound, 12" x 12" x 12" box. There is absolutely no way this is correct.

I know that the rates returned are based on USPS and UPS but something just isn't working properly. I'm figuring it's one of two things: Settings in USPS and UPS or how my products are configured. I don't think it's how the products are configured because the US rates seem to be accurate, but I just don't know.

Anyone have any ideas at all? Thanks in advance!

~Michael

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #34255

Hi,

1. For the USPS plugin error, that has already been reported here:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/2-general...art=60&lang=en#33184
We made a new package with the fix here:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/2-general...art=60&lang=en#33220

2. We checked the data returned by UPS based on their fees tables and they matched. So I think that it might be due to a unit conversion problem or something like that. Hard to say more without more information on your setup.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #34269

1. The USPS one is returning a result now (yea!), thought it still seems quite high. There is only one option for international in this plugin. Is there any possibility of adding additional less expensive methods? A majority of what we sell are only a few ounces and very small.

For a small box shipping 8 oz here is the rate chart I got from them and it seems like Priority or Express Mail International is what this plugin uses. I think the regular First Class Mail International can't be used online, but the Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box would be a great addition?

Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG)**
1 - 3 business days
$40.28

Express Mail® International
3 - 5 business days
$27.55

Priority Mail® International
6 - 10 business days
$28.03

Priority Mail® International Small Flat Rate Box**
6 - 10 business days
$13.25

First-Class Mail® International Package**
Varies by destination
$7.81

2. I sent you guys access previously, but the US shipping via either plugin seems to be just fine based on the weights and sizes. In fact, for sizes on most our products, I put in 1" x 1" x 1" and weights are mostly all rounded up by UPS to meet the 1 pound minimum. If you still need access to troubleshoot let me know.

~Michael

Michael Buttitta
Hot Picks USA

12 years 3 months ago #34299

Hi,

1. We don't have any USPS documentation on our end. So I don't know how to add that to the shipping plugin.
I know that this bit of code should be changed:
foreach($usps_rate_arr as $k) {

if($k["ID"] == 2) //Priority mail only until I can rewrite this mess.
{
$usps_rates = array("Service" => html_entity_decode($k), "Rate" => $k);
}
}

so that it handles all the international methods, but as I don't have a test account I don't know what is returned and what should be used. You could try to replace the 2 in that code to the number of the shipping method you want to use for international shipping. I however don't know what are the possibilities.

We don't keep track of the accesses of everyone. Please provide them again.

12 years 3 months ago #34608

2. I checked your UPS settings and everything is correct.
Then, I went on the UPS website with your own account and did a simulation here:
wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request
I got the exact same numbers.
So apparently it comes from UPS. You might want to contact your UPS sales representative and ask him if that's normal or not that you have to charge so much for shipping fees because it's not a problem in hikashop, but that's really the numbers UPS has with your account.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds