Urgent: Pre-sales questions

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #35142

My site works around with alphauserpoints, we got few questions before the purchase decision to essential pack.

1. We planned to allow user to buy AUPoint via Paypal and credit card, I would like to provide few "buy AUPoint" products, each products give different amount of AUpoints to users right after the payment, and the record of payment is recorded in AUP's backend and user's frontend AUP profile page, could HikaShop do it?

2. We planned to allow user to buy gift/coupon by AUPoint only, could HikaShop allow us to pay by AUP only(but not cedit card) for this "gift/coupon" product section?

3. Does essential pack provide all function of AUP except the last point(specific number of points to users according to their group) of this post?
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...userpoints-form.html

4. Could we disable the "Add to cart" functions for whole site, but only browser->checkout->confirm->return?

5. Any email notification option to buyer and admin after payment?

6. In product listing page, could we display more product's details such as product fields and description?

7. Would HikaShop compatible to YOOtheme template(wrap 5.5 & 6.1)? Any your client use HikaShop with YOOtheme?

8. What's the 30-day money-back guarantee for?

Thanks for your time.

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by hkicenet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #35154

1. Yes. You can define different points earning amount for each of your product categories. So you could have one product category per product (a product can have several categories) if you wanted to give different amounts of point per product.

2. You can pay with points via the AUP payment plugin included. However, you cannot directly restrict payment methods based on products. But what you can do is to use the shipping methods restrictions by volume and set a volume only on these products for example and then use the shipping methods restriction of payment methods so that this AUP payment method would only be displayed for some specific products. So in short, yes that's possible.

3. Yes

4. I don't understand your question. Add to cart buttons can be disabled. But then, if you can't add any products to the cart, you won't be able to access the checkout. I'm not following you.

5. Yes, like in the free version, emails are sent to the buyer and the admin after the payment.

6. Yes, you will have to edit the corresponding view file via the menu Display->Views and add some simple code to display that.

7. I suppose. Lots of clients are using commercial templates, be it yootheme or rockettheme or something else.

8. If you decide that you can't use HikaShop on your website, you have 30 days to tell us and we will refund your payment.

12 years 3 months ago #35155

2. For my site, we just do the payment for 2 kinds of products(refer to question 1 & 2), could I place them into 2 categories and just restrict payment method by categories?

4. Could we disable the "Add to cart" functions for whole site, but only browser->checkout->confirm->return?
To purchase a product in demo site, we need to browser the product->click add to cart->click checkout->confirm shipping and payment.
For my site, we just do the payment for 2 kinds of products(refer to question 1 & 2), and every time we just want a customer to buy 1 item of product. Therefore, i would like to disable the "add to click" process. Become: browse product->click purchase->confirm shipping and payment.
Any quick hack to do so?

9. For Paypal payment method, is there any sandbox/test mode?

Thanks for your time.

12 years 3 months ago #35156

2. No. Payment methods cannot be restricted by categories. But you will be able to achieve the same thing with shipping methods and volume (this doesn't mean that you will have to display shipping methods to your users during the checkout. You can easily hide them with a little bit of CSS.

4. No need for a hack. Just configure your checkout workflow and the other options of the Checkout tab of the configuration and it will do that. That's what we have on our own website actually.

9. Yes. In the URL option of the plugin, just set the sandbox URL of PayPal and in the email option your seller sandbox email and you will be in sandbox mode.

12 years 3 months ago #35159

Thanks for your detailed answer.

I would start with starter first and would purchase the package soon.

12 years 3 months ago #35293

Just purchased the essential package. Got few questions on the configuration.

1. For only allowing AUP payment method for coupon products, i did the following config but both AUP & Paypal payment method shown.
->Add and published a new manual shipping method,says ABC
->set min,max volume:1-2000->set zone HK
->Set volume to coupon product, Length,Width,Height:200,1,1
->Set AUP payment method by ABC
Noted my checkout work flow: Login->Address->Shipping->Payment->Status

2. Please also give me hint how to hide the shipping method selection block.

3. Could we hide "Billing address" block in some product categories? Or disable the address workflow in some categories?

4. Could we show the the money user going to pay in payment selection page?

5. Got a minor issue concerning purchasing AUPoint by Paypal.

From the attached image, after the payment of paypal, it will redirect user to this page, but the display of credit does not update instantly, we need to refresh/browse the profile page to see the updated credit number(second image)

Any setting/hack for it?

Thanks for your time.

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by hkicenet.

12 years 3 months ago #35329

Hi,

1. You need two shipping methods: one for the AUP plugin and one for the paypal plugin.
The paypal plugin one will have a max volume of 1 and you will restrict paypal to only that shipping method.

2. You could use such CSS:
.hikashop_shipping_methods{
display: none;
}

3. No, that's not possible as you can have products from different categories in your cart.

4. You would have to display the cart view again on that view. You can do that in your checkout workflow in the configuration.

5. The update of the points is done on a separate process once paypal sends the notification to hikashop. I don't think that we can do anything about that, unfortunately.

12 years 3 months ago #35498

1. It works for allowing AUP payment method for coupon products. Thanks

1b. But in other hand, for only allowing Paypal payment method for "Buy AUPoints" product, I used the same method but it does not work. AUP payment method always be there....
Note that I give point to user by AUP payments(Points earning on categories), is it the reason why I cannot hide it? If yes, any idea to fix it?

2. If I would like to customized the layout of confirm payment page, which file should I look at? In backend/FTP?

Thanks a lot.

12 years 3 months ago #35532

1.b
It must be because something is not configured as it should either in the shipping methods or the payment methods. Normally, the AUP shouldn't be displayed if the product doesn't have a volume with this setup. Please do screenshots of the different options so that we can see what you did.

You could edit the file "payment" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views.

12 years 3 months ago #35546

1b. Here are the screenshots
Shipping for Paypal: awesomescreenshot.com/045s02w6a
Shipping for AUP: awesomescreenshot.com/0a4s03021

Payment method for Paypal: awesomescreenshot.com/0cfs0312b
Payment method for AUP: awesomescreenshot.com/055s033b7

Product be paid by Paypal only(but now cannot): awesomescreenshot.com/047s035ec
Product be paid by AUP only(now can): awesomescreenshot.com/01es038c1

Config Page: awesomescreenshot.com/042s03941
Frontend Payment page(cannot remove AUP payment method): awesomescreenshot.com/007s03c9e

Thanks for your investigation.

12 years 3 months ago #35570

Hi,

The "Buy 100Note point" product doesn't have a weight. You should set one otherwise it will be considered as not shippable, and the shipping restriction won't be taken into account for the display of payment methods.

12 years 3 months ago #35575

Problem solved. Thanks a lot=]

One minor question:
What's the minor difference for Paypal & Paypal Pro payment method? What one you suggest for my site that sold only few fixed product.

Thanks

12 years 3 months ago #35604

PayPal Standard: redirect the customer to paypal website for the payment. No need for a SSL certificate on your website, more steps for the user.
PayPal Pro: the customer always stays on your website. A SSL certificate is required on your website but there are less steps for the user.

12 years 3 months ago #35616

Got it, thanks for your detailed answer=]

12 years 3 months ago #36046

Two more pre-sales questions :)

1. Is possible to have a cart module to show only product count/quantity and total amount? You see this in almost every online shop!!!

2. Is possible to add a local payment method via SMS?

12 years 3 months ago #36107

1. Yes. In the hikashop options of the hikashop cart module, you can activate the "mini cart" option for that.

2. Yes. You would have to create a payment plugin for your payment processor by following our developer's documentation:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...r-documentation.html

12 years 2 months ago #38548

Message deleted.

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by hkicenet.

12 years 2 months ago #38597

Hi hkicenet,
Excuse me, is your shop/ products is only for the HK university student?
When it will be launch?
Thanks!
Jade
HK

12 years 2 months ago #38617

Hi Nicolas, recently got few questions about the settings:

Background: My site only sells two types of products.
a: Sell AUPoint, member pay via Paypal by HKD currency
b: Exchange AUPoint to gift, member pay via AUPoint by "Note Point" currency(newly made)

1. For type b, I enable "Show price in original currency" in menu of listing, but I want to delete the initial currency like this: awesomescreenshot.com/04dttrm52
Could you tell me which file/function I need to look into?
path of my image: /index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=listing&Itemid=169

2. For payment of type b, I want to change all "HKD" to "Note Point" as follow: awesomescreenshot.com/021ttsid0
Is there any setting to do so? If not, which file/function I need to look into?

3. For payment of type b, I found that it works only when member has more AUPoint(Note Point) than the required point of the gift: screencast.com/t/G30zfiLchx
I want to show the payment method correctly, but may give another error message likes "Don't have enough credit"
Which settings/file/function I need to look into?

4. As the two types of products is in different payment method and currency, if both of them are in a cart of payment, it will give error and conflict as follow: screencast.com/t/l4vCAk0oAfzy
Could we keep only one type in the cart/payment to prevent this error? Or simply remove all the cart function and just let member to choose product and pay this only one.
Is there any setting to do so? If not, which file/function I need to look into?

I have PM you my site and back-end access, please help check it. Thanks Nicolas

12 years 2 months ago #38752

Hi,

1. you need to edit the file "listing_price" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views.

2. you should override the corresponding translation key YOU_HAVE as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

3. you need to turn on the "partial payments" option of your AUP payment plugin. Otherwise, it won't accept partial payments. Also, I invite you to use the latest version of HikaShop as we fixed some stuff in the AUP plugin which wasn't working properly in some cases.

4. the simplest solution is to set the "maximum number of items in the cart" option of the configuration to 1. That way your users won't be able to buy two products at the time.

Otherwise, you could set volume and not weight for one type of products, no volume and weight for the other type of products and then use shipping methods restrictions on weight and volume so that if both a weight and a volume are present in the cart, there is no shipping methods found and thus you will then be able to tweak the error message to tell the user that he can't buy two types of products at once.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds