Stuck on checkout...

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #35333

I'm having an issue.

I loaded Hikashop and placed a product in the shop and tested it through the checkout process all the way to the payment page. In this site I am using the Paypal payment plugin. No issues all the way through to there. Told my client about it , walked them through the same process all the way to payment page and no problems.

This is a time sensitive product/registration and now not having it working is an issue. They are ready to discontinue my services becasue of an issue with the store that was functioning properly 2 days ago.

Now today I come back to the site, load the product into my cart and get to the checkout page and hit next and it simply reloads the same page. I haven't changed anything at all in the past 2 days so i'm frustrated. :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #35341
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
12 years 3 months ago #35362

Hi,

First, I can see that you don't have an address.
You need to have an address to proceed to the end of the checkout.
Normally, you should get an error message telling you to fill the address, unless your template is missing the jdoc include for joomla error messages:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tibility-issues.html
Also, I can see that the system detected that you products are shippable (there is a shipping address selection interface) but I don't see any shipping methods selection. So either that is fine because you removed the "shipping" view from the "checkout workflow" option of the configuration, or you didn't configure your shipping methods and since that shipping view is there, the system won't let you finish the checkout.
So you should check that too.

All of that is explained in the FAQ there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ins-listing.html#faq

12 years 3 months ago #35382

I added the jdoc as per the instructions on the provided link, The user that i am using has an address associated with it. This is not a shippable product and has no weight or parameters for shipping. When I click the NEW billing address button a window will now open in a popup window but there is nothing to edit. Plus the fact that the user already has an associated address with it. have several clients that I truly want to recommend this product to and am hoping to get this issue resolved so that I can do so.

12 years 3 months ago #35383
Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #35417

There are no addresses associated with that user. Otherwise, you would see the address selection directly on the checkout. That's why there is only the new button.

Maybe you're confusing HikaShop addresses and joomla 1.7 addresses which are not compatible together.
Normally, if a user registers via the hikashop registration page, his address will be in the checkout automatically. But if he registers via the joomla registration page and that you added address fields there, they won't fill the address in HikaShop and the user will have to reenter his address during the checkout.

It's normal that when you click on the new button there is nothing filled in as this button is to enter a new address. Once you have an address, you will have an edit button for the address and when clicking on it, the popup will open with the information of the address.

No I don't see the shipping address selection on your page so Hikashop didn't detect the product as shippable. So the only thing preventing it to finish the checkout is that you didn't enter an address. Do that and it will work.

12 years 3 months ago #35421

Could it be a template issue? Or the fact that it is a Joomla 1.5 site? I have the shop loaded on a Joomla 1.7 site and it works beautifully.

12 years 3 months ago #35453

Why a template issue ?
Isn't the problem that you didn't enter yet an address for the user ?
I don't see any other possible problem.
If you want, you can give a link to your shop so that we can look at the issue but I fill that it's just working normally.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds