Great Plugin - Two 'pre-sales' questions

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #37532

Hi, and firstly, great plugin.

I've been using Joomla for a number of years, and I must say that this is the first time I've been able to consider it as an eCommerce option to rival Open Cart. (My platform of choice).

I have one question before I ask my client to buy the Essential version, and one 'yes please'

Firstly, can you confirm that I can completely ignore registration/login with the Essential version? My shop is simple. I want someone to be able to add an item to their cart, choose their shipping method, and then checkout via PayPal.

Secondly, a vote for item specific shipping costs. I know this is on the 'to do' list, so I thought I'd mention it too as the one thing I really would like.

Anyway, great job. When I've got used to it even more I hope you don't mind if I post some ideas/suggestions.

Thanks
Steve

p.s - My shop is temporarily at www.woollyshepherd.co.uk/joomla-hold

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by budfox. Reason: Added URL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #37634

Hi,

To remove the login area of the checkout you can turn off the "show login" option of the Checkout tab of the configuration. To have a guest checkout (so the registration form is still displayed for the address information but the username/password fields aren't) you need to change the option "registration" to "no registration" in the Checkout tab of the configuration.

If you really don't want any information from the user, you can remove the "login" view from the checkout workflow option of the configuration. However, that means that you won't know the address or the email of the user in HikaShop.

So yes, it's possible.
Shipping costs per item are indeed in the todo list. Thanks for your vote :)

We welcome any ideas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds