Whacky billing and shipping addresses

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 week ago #47354

Hi all

I've been able to fix some front end issues for my customers but have a persistent backend problem that I can't fix.

The address of my customers, such as what I receive when orders are created, are completely in the wrong order.

For example:

Housenumber
Mr Firstname Lastname
Streetname
City Postcode State

The details for "User" on the backend appear the same with the exception that the City and Postcode are reversed (ie Postcode City State) which is completely wrong

I've tried find the offending file but can't. Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 week ago #47692

You can change that display by editing the file "address_template" of the view "order" of your back end template via the menu Display->Views.

12 years 1 week ago #47757

Got it - thanks!

Have fixed that up, but I then found the same issue coming up when I go to generate an invoice or shipping invoice.

I've now turned off the field which will force people to enter their house number with the street name - which is fine.

However this has created a new problem! I'm now getting a "Please create or select an address" error at the registration page. I've seen a post on this on this forum ( www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/1...ZW0uaHRtbD9sYW5nPWVu ). Can someone pls look at it and guess what the problem might be?

The website is www.countryalliance.org - just select the order items in the pop up box. It's possible the problem might clear itself but it hasn't done so yet....

Cheers
Neil

(PS: I just found this code in my address.php file. I haven't reproduced all the colours here - but should the bits in red, be in red?

<input class="hikashop_checkout_shipping_same_address inputbox" <?php echo $checked; ?>type="checkbox" id="same_address" name="same_address" value="yes" alt="Same address" onclick="return hikashopSameAddress(this.checked);" />
<label for="same_address"
><?php echo JText::_('SAME_AS_BILLING');?></label>
<div class="hikashop_checkout_shipping_div" id="hikashop_checkout_shipping_div" <?php echo $style;?>>

Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by countryalliance.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 6 days ago #47864

For the invoice, you need to edit the "address_template" file of the "order" view for your back end template via the same menu.

Registration is working fine, without that error message, on your website. I just tested it.

12 years 6 days ago #47925

Cool - thanks. Just saw the order, so really do appreciate it being test driven by someone more familiar with this.

Last edit: 12 years 6 days ago by countryalliance.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds