MP3 CD with File Download after Payment

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #52809

Hi there, I am new to HikaShop, and I ran into an issue where I cannot find documentation. We are putting a CD online where people can either purchase it, or download the mp3 tracks. The purchase and shipping is working fine, but I cannot get HikaShop to give access to the mp3 files that needs to be downloaded after the purchase was made. I have placed these files in the /safe folder on my ftp. Can you assist me on what is the correct way to set this up so that my users can download the files after the purchase? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #52880

You need to upload your files via the Files area of your products. HikaShop will store them in the safe folder automatically.

If you add your files directly via FTP, there is no link between the files and the products...

11 years 10 months ago #52931

Thanks for the response! That makes sense to me, one more question. Is there a way to increase the upload size to something greater than 8mb?

11 years 10 months ago #53019

Yes. That's a restriction put in place by your hosting company. You should ask them to increase it.

10 years 2 months ago #146223

Is it possible to have the download link in user account after payment through PayPal

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 2 months ago #146260

Hi,
The solution will probably be to use the download space :

I think that the best solution to handle download file will be to enable your customer download space, through the "Enable customer download area" option of your "Hikashop->System->Configuration->'Main'" page.

The download space will allow your customer to see all their available download files and download them until they reach the download limit.

This download will be available through the "User control panel"

8 years 10 months ago #205246

Hey,
I have the same problem . I want to upload a 500mb rar file and can not increase my upload volume of 6MB by my hosting company.
Are there any ftp or external solutions?

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 10 months ago #205305

Hi,

Yes you can upload via ftp directly in the folder "\media\com_hikashop\upload\safe" then in the HikaShop interface just set the desired path when adding a file.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Goat_Lucard

8 years 9 months ago #207694

Hi,
I uploaded the file via ftp and set the right path, but if I want to download it, I get the message "file not found".

8 years 9 months ago #207750

Hi,

Then you didn't set the correct path. In the field for the path, you need to set the relative path to the file from the upload/safe folder.
So if you put the file directly in it, you basically just need to put the file name in the field.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Goat_Lucard

8 years 9 months ago #207780

Thank you, it works!!!
It just need to look like this

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds