Unable to save address in either front end or back

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #60267

I have trolled the forum and have seen similar questions but can't seem to find the answer.
When registering a new customer after filling out the registration form and saving it the user is registered but no billing address is saved that i can find.
When i go to the back end and manage customers and try to add the address it does not save either.
Running 1.5.8 Starter (as a trial) and Joomla 2.5.6

Also have a problem with Cannot instantiate mail error on registration.

Can anyone direct me to where i am going wrong.
Have been through the documentation but can't find the answer.

Regards

Dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 8 months ago #60311

Hi,

Turn on the debug mode of the joomla configuration and try again. That will display an error message which will help you/us identify the error.

For the email error, you need to configure the email settings of the joomla configuration according to your hosting company recommendations if you want your website to be able to send emails.

11 years 8 months ago #60323

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks the quick response.

Below is the error message

JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'address_street2' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT IGNORE INTO `fokfi_hikashop_address` ( `address_title`,`address_firstname`,`address_lastname`,`address_street`,`address_street2`,`address_post_code`,`address_city`,`address_telephone`,`address_state`,`address_country`,`address_user_id`,`address_default` ) VALUES ( 'Mr','test','test','60 xxxx Street','','111','Wsd','1111111','state_Queensland_433','country_Australia_13','12','1' )

There are 2 address lines on the customer entry form, so it appears the second one has not has a column produced in the table

Regards

Dennis

11 years 8 months ago #60325

Hi Nicholas,

I have unpublished that field in the list and it no longer causes a problem. However often people require a second line for their shipping address. Should not the database reflect the fields if they are published?

Regards

Dennis

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 8 months ago #60373

That field has a bug in the current version. Just create a new field to replace it and you won't have the problem.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bunbury60

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds