Payment Issues with Paypal - fairly urgent

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 7 months ago #62586

Just switched Hiskashop on for first time and got a sale. A couple of things have happened. I am using Paypal standard and the Australia Post shipping plugin. There are a number of errors I have found and its cost me a little bit of money as a result.

1. Received a Hikashop email beck saying an order was created. This appeared fine - the prices were all good for the products, the shipping and tax amount
2. Then received email saying "A Paypal notification was refused because the IP XXX is not in the list of valid IPs :
3. Then received email saying "A Paypal notification was refused because the amount received (46.40AUD) is different from the order amount (47.33AUD)

I have checked Paypal and there is an amount of $46.40 in there. So the IP email as per No.2 doesn't seem to be an issue unless the client gets this email to (I hope not)

The big issue is number 3 where the values are different.

The product total was $35.80. The Shipping Amount is $10.60 (which includes a shipping Fee of $4.00). Total of $46.40. I have a percentage of 2.5% on the Paypal Credit plugin to try and cover the cost of the Paypal Fees charged but this has not worked at all so I have lost this amount of money on the transaction.

With the shipping Fee in the Australia Post plugin, when I was testing out the front end of the website, I found that if I put $4.00 in, the amount showed as $4.40 (added the 10% tax). So I replaced the $4.00 with $3.64 and it shows ok as $4.00 on the front-end. HOWEVER, when it went through to paypal, it disregards the 10% tax and only uses the $3.64 amount, not the $3.64 + 10% tax = $4.00 which shows on the main hikashop front end of the website. This is an error.

So I have lost on this sale. I do not know how this percentage works - should it be negative as a credit card fee? What is the 2.5% supposed to be taken from. I would expect it to be 2.5% of the total amount which in my case should have been $46.40 + 2.5% = $47.56. Where has the $47.33 come from?
Total lost now is $1.16 from incorrect balance sent to Paypal, plus now Paypal have charged their Fee on the $46.40 of $1.46 so total lost on the sale is $2.62.

When I look at the order in Hikashop Admin - it shows the correct product price of $35.80, the correct shipping price of $10.60 ($6.60 + $4.00 Handling fee) but it also shows a Payment Fee of 0.93c. How is this worked out if I have a percentage of 2.5%. I cant work out the maths. Total transaction should be $35.80 + $10.60 = $46.40 + 2.5% Fee = Grand Total of $47.56.
There is a tax amount showing in the Hika Order as well of 0.96c. I have no idea where this number comes from. If tax is 10%, the on the total of $47.56 that should be $47.56/11 = $4.32. Even on the incorrect total that went to Paypal of $46.40, the tax amount should show as $4.22. I found it, the Tax amount of 0.96c is only taken on the shipping and shipping Fee. This is incorrect, the tax should be on the entire amount received from the client.

4. The other thing I have noticed on the emails received from Hikashop are showing incorrect URLS. They show https://mywebsite when it should show www.mywebsite . My SSL certificate is for www.website.com - how can I correct the emails?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #62619

Hello Huski,

1/2/3/
=> You should use the last version of the Paypal payment method and remove all the IP addresses of the "IPs" option.

File Attachment:

File Name: paypal_2012-08-29.zip
File Size:9 KB

4/ Can you tell me exactly what is the email that you want to edit ?

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

11 years 7 months ago #62627

Ok - that is looking better

The only thing is still the 2.5% Credit Card Fee for Paypal is not calculating correctly.

It needs to calculate on the entire total. I am not sure if this sort of Fee is taxable but I assume it is here in Australia - someone might be able to clarify.

For a Grand total of $47.33 - it is still calculating 0.93c for the 2.5% fee when it should be around $1.18.

11 years 7 months ago #62641

Can you give me a link to your web site, then I'll maybe understand were the problem is coming from ?

11 years 7 months ago #62710

If you go here: www.ecomad.com.au/shop-categories/produc.../category_pathway-24

and order 2 of this product then go through the checkout process - make sure you set up user account that has a postcode of say 3152 and country Australia.

In the first instance select Local Pickup as the delivery option (there should be 2 Australia Post options plus local pickup at bottom) then select credit card, and click all the way through to the Paypal screen.
See the attachment Paypal1.jpg to see what I see.

My query on this is the Paymnent Fee (which I set at 2.5%) that is showing as 0.36c. How is this figure calculated? I can't work it out.
If the total nett is $16.28 for the 2 products, and the 2.5% Fee is applied to that then the Payment Fee should be showing as $0.407 or $0.41.

Also, the GST (10% tax) that is showing is only on the product. There should be GST for the Payment Fee as well.

So total transaction before tax should show: $16.687 or $16.69 rounded.
GST amount should be $1.6687 or $1.67 rounded.
Total payable by client of $18.36.

It would also be better if the Paypal screen showed the Gross amount.
So it should should show $17.90 as the first line (ie $8.95 x 2)
Then the 2.5% Fee of (2.5% x $17.90) = $0.4475c (or 0.45c round up)
Then total transaction should be $18.35 that the client pays.
Then the GST amount should show underneath as GST included of $1.67. (10% GST on $18.35 is $18.35/11)

Hopefully I am making sense.

Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #62789

I double checked with Paypal. They apply their fee to the total amount including any taxes.

The Payment Fee should then apply to the entire total.

eg
Product Cost $17.90 (including Tax)
Shipping: None
Sub Total: $17.90
Payment Fee (2.5%): $0.45
Total (paid by customer) = $18.35
GST amount: $1.67

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 7 months ago #62900

Hi,

I tried to reproduce the problem on our end but it's working fine. I can see that you're using the 1.5.8 version of HikaShop so maybe it comes from a bug in that version. Could you try to update to the latest version of HikaShop to see if that fixes the problem ?

11 years 7 months ago #62946

I tried to update using the Joomla updater but it won't let me as the website has changed now from my test website (when I purchased Hikashop) to the live website. How can I have the website the licence is attached to changed?

11 years 7 months ago #63030

Hi,

You should just manualy install the last version of hikashop again through the extension manager.

11 years 7 months ago #66042

I am still having the problem with Paypal showing an incorrect payment price.

I have just received an order for a product but no payment was made on Paypal. I copied what the client bought and got through to Paypal and the cost of the product should have been $428.45 but in Paypal shows a price of $538.45 - an extra $110.

There seems to be an issue with options. The pricing on the front-end of the shop and in the cart and checkout is fine, and what is recorded and shown under orders in the back-end is also perfect but Paypal is being fed incorrect info.

Paypal is being given the Main Product detail (product name) as well as the TOTAL price including all options
And underneath that it lists all the options that the product has as well as their costs

So it is doubling the options price by showing them individually as well as adding them to the main product price when it should only be showing the base price for the main product.

Eg. What is Happening at Paypal screen.

Product Name with price - $528.18 (This is product price plus all the options)
Option 1 with price - $68.18
Option 2 with price - $80.00
Option 3 with price - $100.00
Option 4 with price - $0.00
Payment Fee - $14.53

TOTAL: $790.89
GST: $77.64

TOTAL: $868.53

What should be Happening:

Product Name with price - $280.00 (This is actual product price)
Option 1 with price - $68.18
Option 2 with price - $80.00
Option 3 with price - $100.00
Option 4 with price - $0.00
Payment Fee - $14.53

TOTAL: $542.71
GST: $52.82

TOTAL: $595.53

It is no wonder my client did not want to continue any further when the price he was given in Paypal was $273 more than what he was shown at checkout in Hikashop. What is the fix for this? Have I missed a setting somewhere?

thanks

11 years 7 months ago #66043

I turned off "Send Details of Order" in the Paypal shipping method and Paypal receives the CORRECT total price for the client to pay BUT the Paypal invoice doesn't even show what the product is that the customer has purchased

So switched Send Details of Order back to Yes.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 7 months ago #66051

Can you try to replace these two files in the folder media/com_hikashop/mail and see if it helps solve the problem with the "Send Details of Order" turned on ?

Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #66155

Thanks

That seems to do the job - correct pricing being sent to Paypal now.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds