Maximum quantity per order

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 7 months ago #66842

I have an issue with one of my products

I have a product which I have set the "Maximum quantity per order" to 12 with a minimum of 1 per order.

The product has options which have prices assigned to them.

If I try and order 13 of the main product with default options selected, I get the message saying I can't order > 12 items which works ok.

But if I add 6 of the main product with default options selected (Price A) to the cart then add another 8 of the main product but with a different option (adding a price - so Price B) then both of these are added to the cart but this is 14 products ordered total but it shouldn't allow more than 12 total. Seems it is only allowing 12 items per Add to Cart rather than grouping the total of the products together.

It does pick up that there are more products than can be ordered based on the volume shipping method I have assigned but it should be picked up earlier.

Also, this product has a particualr shipping method that is unique to it and the manual shipping method works ok BUT, if someone orders another product that is shipped by Australia Post (< 20kg) then only the manual shipping method for the product above shows, the australia post for the other product is not an option. This means the customer can pay for all the products and shipping for one, but I need to go back to them to get payment for australia post before I can do anything.

Is there any way that different shipping methods can apply to a basket of goods?

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Huski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 7 months ago #67095

Hi,

Please try to replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php by the one in the archive enclosed. That should help with your options issue.

You can only have one shipping method for a cart. There is no work around for that.

Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #67132

Hi Nicolas,
Uploaded the new file but there hasn't been any changes. When you over order and go throough checkout and get to shipping, it still picks up that there are too many products and won't let you continue, but when you keep adding items to the cart form the product page - it should pick it up there stopping you from over ordering befoe you get to checkout.

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 7 months ago #67491

Mmm. That's working fine for us.

Could you provide a back end + FTP access so that we can check on that directly on your website ?

11 years 7 months ago #67532

Before Access go here:
www.ecomad.com.au/e-shop/shop-categories...eals/product/cid-566

Then add the product to cart - try some combinations - if you try and order above 12 items it comes up with warning message but if you order 10 items then go ahead an order another 6, it still adds both to the cart, and you can go through to checkout.

In the back-end I only have the main product having the maximum of 12 total for the order - not on any of the options. Is that correct or should 12 maximum be set on each of the options as well?

11 years 7 months ago #69313

Did you get a chance to follow my instructions to see if you can see what is happeing on my website?

11 years 6 months ago #73343

no reply on this topic?

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds