USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate US Missing

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 8 months ago #167064

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

I'm working on switching to HikaShop from JoomShopping, and am setting up the shipping. I have the USPS plugin working, but I noticed it only has Priority Mail Flat Rate Box options for International Shipping. I have tried modifying the dimensions / weight of my product listing (just using one as I set things up) and I am not getting any of the flat rate prices. Just general priority mail prices. So, this said a couple questions 1) Is this due to using the "starter" version of hikkashop? 2) Are they missing when using chrome? 3) Have they simply not been added for some reason? If it's because they simply haven't been added for some reason, how can I add them as I ship all of my products USPS priority mail flat rate (small, medium, and large box).

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 8 months ago #167123

Hello,
You should probably directly enable all of the USPS services through your USPS shipping configuration page, and test it again.

9 years 8 months ago #167168

I've tried it with all options selected, with just priority mail selected, with just the priority mail flat rate box options (all of which say "international" next to them), and none of these give me the continental us priority mail flate rate box shipping option.

So, once again I ask, are the USPS Priority mail flat rate boxes for continental us missing from the USPS shipping plugin?

I am going to System > Shipping Methods > United States Postal Service (Hikashop USPS Shipping Plugin)

It is simply missing the USPS Priority mail flat rate boxes (small, medium, & large) for shipping within the US. It does have them for international, but as 95+% of my sales are in the US, the international option doesn't help.

9 years 8 months ago #167280

Hello,
I just checked the USPS documentation, and it seems like if you want to use USPS "flat rate" services, you'll have to specify the "size" of the "container" and that the "container" is for example a "FLAT RATE BOX".
I'll add a "container" option through the USPS shipping configuration page, and do some tests to see if the problem was coming from that.

9 years 8 months ago #167316

Appreciate it. I look forward to hearing your results.

9 years 8 months ago #167499

Have you been able to find a solution to this issue?

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 8 months ago #167534

Hi,

Mohamed made several tests but he didn't finish all test and investigation he wanted to do.
It is currently a day off in France, so he wouldn't be able to continue his tests before Monday.
But the task is created and assigned to him in the issue tracker.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 8 months ago #167604

Thank you very much for your progress update. Enjoy your weekend, and and I'll touch base on Monday.

9 years 8 months ago #168042

Hello,
I've done some fix and created the "container" option so can you download and install the following USPS shipping version and then use and test the new container option ?

Attachments:

9 years 8 months ago #168050

Gave it a quick test, it still doesn't give me the option for the small, medium and large flat rate boxes within the us. Only if shipping internationally. When selecting container -> flat rate box, the prices are a bit closer to flat rate box rates now, but it's not showing at checkout that it's a medium / small / large flat rate box. Just that it's priority mail.

9 years 8 months ago #168192

Hello,
I just updated USPS services and the container option, also if you want the container to be shown through the checkout workflow, the solution can be to directly add it through your USPS shipping description or title.
Here is the last USPS shipping version :

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_hikash...8-20.zip
File Size:10 KB

Attachments:

9 years 8 months ago #168200

I'm getting the correct prices now, awesome! So, if I understand correctly, I will need to make 3 USPS shipping methods and label each one according to the type of flat rate box? Just seems inefficient since the international flat rate boxes can just be selected as one of the "shipping services" . Anyway the us priority mail flat rate boxes can be added to the shipping services, rather than as a "container"?

9 years 8 months ago #168328

Hello,

1. Yes

2. I planned on improving the USPS shipping plugin again, but regarding the container option, it's an option that have to be sent to the USPS shipping platform, so the best solution is to use a "container" option.

The following user(s) said Thank You: littlemstr

9 years 8 months ago #168368

Well, I will make this work for now then. Please keep me posted on the progress of the USPS shipping plugin. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds