shipping method restriction not working

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 5 months ago #177883

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : lat
-- PHP version -- : ?
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no

Hello. We have two options as shipping method. Now do we want to exclude one for a special zone. A country. When we ad this zone to the restriction part at the shippingmethod option nothing change. People for this selected zone still can select and use this shippingmethod. Is there something we forget?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 5 months ago #177886

Hi,

Restriction options allow you to restrict the shipping method to only "something".
So if you set a zone in a shipping method, only the users in that zone will see it, the opposite of what you want.

So what you want to do is first to create a shipping zone containing all the other countries as sub zone via the menu System>Zones and then adding that zone in the zone restriction option of the shipping method.

9 years 5 months ago #177959

OK so we only have two countrys and two shipping methods. So if i ad country A to the restriction then should only people from country A see this shipping method? We tried this and its still not working?

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 5 months ago #177988

Hello,
Sure you'll just have to add the country on the "Zone" option of your shipping method configuration page and then, only people who have a shipping address which is on that country will see your shipping method.

The following user(s) said Thank You: extreme

9 years 5 months ago #178127

Yes you are right! Thank it is working now.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 9 months ago #294578

I just need to stop shipment to one state in the US.. what is the easiest way to do this *due to laws in that state.

I need to immediately implement this, I read through the forum and see that I can use the restrictions. I figure I would need a zone with all included states except the one US state that does not allow our product. Then I put the zone with the included states in as the restriction?

Some clarification would really be appreciated - I realize I need to add the restriction to the shipping method. :huh: :huh:
Do I need to add any other restrictions to the form ? or just the zone?

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 9 months ago #294631

I have created a zone which includes all US states and is excluding the state we can not ship to. Do I just need to add that New Zone to the restrictions on the shipping method? Do I need any other parameters in that section of the shipping method>?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP HERE

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 9 months ago #294604

Hello,

You can create custom "Zones" and inside list the required states except the different tax rules one, for this :
=> Component => HikaShop => Configuration, then System dropdown => Zones
Create a New Zone, and inside define All states less 1 state

Here, the unwanted state is the Nebraska.
Later, in your Shipping Method you will select this "custom" zone :

And so the Shipping method will only display if the customer meets the zone criteria.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds