Shipping per postal code?

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 7 months ago #247562

-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : latest
-- PHP version -- : latest
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : latest

Is it possible to setup 2 shipping zones ( Zone A and Zone B ) with postal codes manually entered in each zone? So if the user postal code falls under Zone A it's 10$ (flat fee) but if the user postal code falls under Zone B it's 15$?

I know how to do manual shipping and flat fee per zone but not sure if I can manually enter each postal code? I'm looking to ship and display shipping fees per postal zone, only within 1 city in Canada.

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Saren_p.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 7 months ago #247569

Hi,

It doesn't work like that, but yes, it's possible.
You can't create post code zones.
However, when you create/edit shipping methods, you can find "minimum post code" and "maximum post code" fields in the restriction area of your shipping methods.
So enter your post code range in each shipping method with the corresponding price you want for the shipping and the system will automatically filter the shipping methods to only display the ones with a range of post codes matching the post code of the customer.
I know that Canada has post codes with letters in it, so it's not well adapted for ranges of numbers. You might need to create one shipping method for each post code depending on what post codes you want in your shipping methods.
Alternatively, you can also use this shipping plugin:
brainforge.co.uk/downloads/hikashop-deli.../3-brainforge-manual
It should be easier to enter the post costs in your case I think.

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saren_p

7 years 7 months ago #247594

Thank you for your support.

When you say ranges, how exactly should I enter in the codes? I also have dozens and dozens of postal codes, does that mean I need a new zone for each postal code?

Just trying to wrap my head around this feature, HikaShop is incredibly powerful.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 7 months ago #247596

Hi,

See : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...rm.html#restrictions

Alternatively, you can also use this shipping plugin:
brainforge.co.uk/downloads/hikashop-deli.../3-brainforge-manual
It should be easier to enter the post costs in your case I think.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

7 years 6 months ago #248951

Thank you Jerome for the link I will read the documentation of the plugin, although I'm not sure if the plugin will work with Canadian postal codes? Seems to be good with UK and US codes.

I have 3 different Joomla groups (groupA, groupB, groupC) and each user is registered to one of these groups depending on their postal code. I think I can set ACLs to each group with the amount I want to charge.

This part is fine. using ACLs I can then charge 10$ + 3% for groupA, 20$ + 3% for groupB and 30$ and 3% for groupC.

What is not fine is when the user later on adds another shipping address with a different postal code. The ACLs will no longer make sense since the user now has 2 different postal codes (addresses) so the ACL route may not be the best route.

I have over 10,000 postal codes separated into the 3 groups. I want HikaShop to automatically calculate the cost depending on the user postal code. The postal code formats are H2Y1L3, H2Y1B9, H3A0A4, H3A1J7' ,H3A2H6, H2Z1G9 and so on, there are thousands of these codes which I have in a comma separated file split within 3 different groups.
How would the plugin or the restrictions help me achieve this?

much appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Mustafa

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Saren_p.

7 years 6 months ago #248966

Hi,

With the post code restrictions of the default HikaShop, you'll have to create one manual shipping metho for each range of post codes. Since your post code system doesn't work in terms of ranges of numbers, it basically means creating one shipping method for each post code. With 10 000 of them, that's a lot of shipping methods to create.
That's why I recommended to use instead the brainforge shipping plugin. There, you can enter the post codes in a comma separated way so that you could have only three shipping methods, one for each group, with all the post codes of the group in the post code restriction field of the shipping method.
Since these shipping plugins directly use the post code from the shipping address for their restrictions, there is no ACL mess when the customer has several addresses. And with the brainforge plugin, it's easy for you to input the post codes.
So it seems like the best solution, which is why we keep recommending you to try that solution out.

7 years 6 months ago #249096

Thank you Nicolas and Jerome, I have done as you suggested and used the Brainforge plugin. The plugin helps manage the different postal code ranges really well, the author of the plugin even made further additions to the plugin, great support.

That being said, I do have an additional question. My checkout workflow is CART, ADDRESS and PAYMENT. If the user already has a postal code with XXXXX (10$ shipping method) during the CART phase, but then decides to change the postal code to YYYYY (20$ shipping method) during the ADDRESS phase, how does HikaShop update the total cost, since the postal code is now different? I'm not even sure if HikaShop updates the cost at all.

Thanks again for the great support.

7 years 6 months ago #249102

Hi,

The checkout workflow should contain the "shipping" view if you want shipping costs.
The system will then auto update the shipping method automatically if the shipping address changes.

If you want to hide the shipping method selection area because you only one one anyway, you can hide it with CSS.

7 years 6 months ago #249124

Perfect, thanks. That got it to update.

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 6 months ago #250174

Hi,

I'm from Canada, and I would like to setup free delivery only in my city: Toronto and the surrounding small cities.

I see the plugin did work for you, please would you mind to share how did you do that, as I getting frustrated as this not been addressed by most of Joomla eCommerce components.

Thanks, :)

7 years 6 months ago #250175

Hi,

The BrainForge manual shipping plugin is not limited to UK post codes. It's quite easy to do. Just enter the different post codes you want separated by a comma in the "valid post codes" option of the shipping method and that shipping method will only display for shipping addresses with one of these post codes.
So in your case, you'll want for example two shipping methods. One for the post codes with free shipping with a price of 0, and another one for the paid delivery shipping method.

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327736

Hi don't get it to work?
I have postal codes like: 3760,3761,3762,3763,3764,3765,3766,3767,3768.3769
I put this in the minimum postal code field of the shippingplugin...doesn't work
I put this in the minimum postal code field of the iDeal plugin...doesn't work
I put this in the minimum postal code field of the Brainforge plugin...doesn't work

Please help ;)

Regards,
Michiel

3 years 3 months ago #327737

Hi,

The "minimum postal code" setting of shipping plugins doesn't support a list of postal codes.
You can only enter one postal code in it.
In your example, you would have to enter "3760" in the "minimum postal code" setting and "3769" in the "maximum postal code" setting of the shipping method and it would take into account the whole range you listed.
Note that the Brainforge plugin has another setting named "valid post codes" where you can enter such list. But I'm not familiar with this plugin so you might want to ask Brainforge directly.
Note that we recently added a "Post code RegEx" setting to shipping methods. With that setting you can use the regular expression format which allows for a lot of things.
For example, in your case you could enter in that field : 376[0-9]

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 3 months ago #327758

Hi,

I tried everything I think... but no results ;)
Hope you can take a look?
What we need is:
€ 0,- shippingcost for postal codes 3760 to 3769
€ 2,- shippingcost for all other postal codes
free shipping for all postal codes above €40,-
minimum order € 22,50

This message contains confidential information

Thank you!
Michiel

3 years 3 months ago #327765

Hi,

Well, I did tests on your website and it worked properly already. The min and max post code restrictions did work.
The problem is that the shipping methods you configured didn't do what you wanted them to do.
You were missing a few shipping methods to handle all the cases properly.
I've configured shipping methods so that you can see:
- one for users in the post code range -> free
- two for the post code ranges 0 to 3759 and 3770 to 9999 for below 40€ -> 2€
- two for the post code ranges 0 to 3759 and 3770 to 9999 for above 40€ -> free
monosnap.com/file/vVKV7ig6kiobzrwIIjmqL6aIRbatq4

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds