Question Regarding Maximum Weight USPS Shipping Plugin

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 6 months ago #278145

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1

Hi,

When configuring the USPS Shipping Plugin, under Restrictions, there is a specification for Minimum Weight which has a Drop Down menu to select your weight unit which gives you selections such as Oz, Lbs, Kg, etc, however, the Maximum Weight has no such Drop down. If you do NOT set a minimum weight, do you still need to use the Drop down under Minimum Weight to select the weight measurement unit for the Maximum weight? Or does the maximum use a default weight measurement unit?

The documentation only explains what each field is for, but doesn't explain if you need to select one of the measurement units under "Minimum Weight" for the Maximum Weight or if there is a default that is used. My assumption would be that selecting the correct unit is important, but without knowing if there is a default or if the Drop down under Minimum is used, I could be configuring this wrong.

I included a screenshot displaying my question just in case I confused anyone.

Also, just as an FYI, the Drop Down for the Container has "Flat" for the Flat Rate Boxes type-oed as "Flate" :) Not a big deal but just thought I would mention it.

3 Screenshots Attaches
1 - Showing question regarding Max Weight / Drop Down for Measurement Unit Drop down Question - HikaShop-USPS-Plugin-Min-Max-Weight-Measurement-Unit-Question.jpg

2 - Showing the Help File, doesn't explain which measurement unit is defaulted for Maximum Weight or if the Drop down from Minimum Weight is used. HikaShop-USPS-Plugin-Min-Max-Weight-Measurement-Unit-Help.jpg

3. Showing "Flate" Rate Type-o - HikaShop-USPS-Plugin-Container-Flat-Rate-Type-o.jpg

Cheers! :)

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 6 months ago #278150

Hi,

Yes, the unit selection will be taken into account for both min and max weight.
Thank you for the report on the typo. We'll fix that for the next version.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dardwizzle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds