-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.31
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

We have 3 shipping method options in this order of priority:

1) UPS
2) USPS
3) Local Store Pickup (manual)

Local Store Pickup is restricted to the state of Kansas only.
It has text over ride set with a message that says where to pickup.

The problem is during checkout if your state is set to Kansas.

If you address = Kansas, then the shipping method always defaults to "Local Store Pickup" even thought it isn't first in the list AND the "Auto select default shipping and payment methods" is set to No.

This doesn't matter if Address & Shipping are on different steps in the cart or on the same step.

This causes confusion as Kansas customer sees the override "Shipping Address" text with no way to change it.

The customer has to first select a different shipping method first, before they can adjust the address which is not intuitive, especially when they are on a separate step. But to be clear, it isn't any better when they are on the same step.

I don't believe the cart should be defaulting to that 3rd option - especially when the cart is set specifically not to auto select in the settings.

I'm in legacy cart mode but I've also tested this without too - same problem.

HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709251147] (upgraded to as of this post)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 6 months ago #279115

Hi,

Since HikaShop 3, the system automatically selects a shipping method, as soon as the cart is loaded.
So the "Auto select default shipping and payment methods" legacy setting is not doing anything anymore.
We do that in order to fix many issues we had before with the checkout system.

So knowing that, and the shipping methods you're using and your description of the issue, here is what is happening:
- when you first add products to the cart, since you're not yet logged in, the main zone is used. And for that zone, only the shipping method 3 is available since the other two require a full address, which the system doesn't have yet. So the system selects this one.
- when you login/register, the address is used to load the shipping methods and since that shipping method 3 that is already selected is still available you think that it is this one that is defaulting over the others.

So the solution is simple: set another main zone in your HikaShop configuration so that the shipping method 3 is also not available before login/registration.
That way, the system won't find any shipping method before that, and after, it will see all three of them and will pick the first one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jazzmang

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
6 years 6 months ago #279163

Note, in case it isn't clear for others - I'd recommend creating a dummy shipping zone.

I'm using TaxCloud for the tax rates so the native HikaShop tax system really is not that important in my case.

I originally tried Nicolas' idea before contacting them & set the Master Tax Zone set to None, then USA.
But apparently that is still enough triggered the condition.

I could set it to another country, but this particular site only ships to to the USA so all others are disabled to avoid confusion. If I re-published an other country and set it to the Master Tax Zone, it worked. But that left me with a country option I didn't want showing.

So I setup up a simple Shipping Zone entry and assigned that to the Master Tax Zone.
Far as I can tell, that doesn't come into play any where else.

Just be sure you have the override your shipping tax zone in your shipping method(s) if you do this.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #285622

When the user purchases a virtual file, why is the shipping option still displayed for him? And the shipping amount is also added to his invoice. How to fix this?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #285627

Hello,

Force shipping regardless of the weight
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ml#checkout_shipping

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pouyan

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds