USPS Plugin questions / discrepencies

• Thank you received: 18
6 years 6 months ago #279341

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2

Hi Guys,

So I am trying to get a handle on the USPS plugin and I am running into some issues that aren't adding up. So I have the plugin set up and I configured it for First Class as well as Priority Mail. What I am running into which doesn't make any sense is that I set it up to use First Class for up to 4 items and up 14 oz to use First Class, and anything with a Min Weight of 14.1 oz to use Priority Mail, however, I keep getting an error that says that my dimensions must not exceed 8.324 inches. I am not using the Dimensions for any of the configs, and niether of the postal classes that I am using have any size dimensions setup. First Class doesn't have such a small dimension limit, and while Priority Mail Flat rate small box may be around that, I have Flat Rate set to NOT use the dimensions as a restriction.

Can someone please help me understand what may be happening or what I can look at that might be causing this?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I think I may have come across a larger issue with the USPS Plugin that is pretty serious.

1. The plugin seems to be ignoring the Use product dimension "NO" option, as it keeps telling my that my package can not exceed 8.245 inches (or lets just say 8.xxx inches to be safe).

2. When calculating the size of a package based on dimensions, there is a bit of an issue. It seems to be multiplying the length of the item by Length to determine if a package is too large. Which is causing a problem for me.

The items I sell mostly are small items, on average the items are Length: 6in x Width: 2in x Height: 2in. and If I have two item it's saying I am over a limit of 8..xxx inches which A) I am not sure where this number is coming from because First Class Parcel can be larger than 8.xxx inches, infact, I am not sure the limit on the dimensions but I was testing using Stamps.com and I put in a set of dimensions of 14in x 14in x 3in. and as long as I stayed under 14 oz, it stayed with First Class. B) The only way that I could have been larger then the 8in the plugin was telling me is if it were adding the Length together which would be the wrong way to calculate the dimensions since I would package them side by side so the length would never exceed the length of the longest item in the package. .

These are serious issues for me that are causing me to not be able to use this plugin to calculate true postage. Is there anyway that this can be looked at with a higher then usual priority? Because unless I am doing something majorly wrong in my setup, this is a pretty big issue with the plugin, which in either case, for my site this is an urgent issue, and I am not sure how issues like this are handled when we have the Business / Developer license. Please help!

Cheers!

(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Dardwizzle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #279438

PS - if anyone needs to see the configuration they are both identical for the 2 first class setups only one sets a price to add $1.89 to the price returned from USPS the other does not. Here are the screenshots. My apologies for not providing these earlier.

Thanks!

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 5 months ago #279445

Hello,

Firstly, can you also provide more precise information like :
- a screenshot of the settings of the products you're using for your tests
- the precise error message that you get

So that we can directly test it on our end ?

Thank you.

6 years 5 months ago #279486

Hi Mohamed,

I sure can. I will try to get this to you tonight, however, I have to get some sleep here, so what I will do is as soon as I get some sleep I will set up a complete test case for you. I will include
1. screenshots of the setup of a specific product,
2. the exact test case of how I entered the items into the cart
3. the exact error message and any console messages that may accompany the informational error that displays to the user

You have the screenshots of the plugin configuration already so the only thing I will change in it is to publish the plugin again so that I can run the test, but the rest will remain as per the screenshots I already added for you.

We can then take it from there and I will follow your lead as to where we need to take it from there. So please look forward to a reply from me no later then tomorrow (it is 1830 my time Eastern Time Zone) so I don't know what that equals in your time, but I should have this for you within the next 12 hours or so as I am going to sign off for the evening most likely so I can get some Z's, and then get everything set for you. I only use USPS for my shipping, and trying to get the USPS Plugin to provide me / my customers with the same rates and expectations as I get with Stamps.com is my intent here so that it is seamless in terms of what my customers receive is my ultimate goal.

Right now to work around this I have setup a price per item, which doesn't go over well but at least I have a work around for now. I look forward to providing you the full details and getting to the bottom of this issue. Thank you for taking the time to look into this with me, I really appreciate it.

Cheers

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 5 months ago #279579

Hello,

We'll be waiting for details about the issue you are having then, thank you.

6 years 5 months ago #279624

Hi Mohamed,

I apologies, I am a little behind the eight ball right now because I have to have a tooth pulled and have been in a lot of pain over the weekend. I will try to get this done tonight or tomorrow. Please bare with me.

Thanks!

John

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds