How to Hide Default Shipping Fees in Cart View

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #282876

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1 Essential
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome, Firefox

Hi,
Is there a way to hide the display of the 'Shipping' charges line in the Cart view? If there is, which script should be amended?

Is there a way program the system for the following 2 scenarios:
(1) If single item selected/purchase, add shipping and then checkout.
(2) If more than 1 item selected/purchase, the next step would display the various shipping options for selection.
Then for more than 1 item, proceed to next step with various shipping options for selection

Is there an option to create a process whereby the shipping charges are determined offline, (ie based on the selected products above a certain quantity, then we would determine the cost of delivery) then advise the buyer the shipping cost payable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 5 months ago #282881

Hi,

1. On the cart module, there is a "show shipping" setting for that.
However, there is no system to display the shipping fee on the cart manager of the user control panel.
That would require modifying the file "show" of the view "cart" via the menu Display>Views.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout

2. If you want to configure shipping price per product and display it on the product page, we actually have a system for that in HikaShop. We actually just published a tutorial on it here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ng-manual-price.html

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #282911

nicolas wrote: Hi,

1. On the cart module, there is a "show shipping" setting for that.
However, there is no system to display the shipping fee on the cart manager of the user control panel.
That would require modifying the file "show" of the view "cart" via the menu Display>Views.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout

Hi. I managed to remove the line of codes.but it does not display the actual total with the shipping costs, even though the option to select shipping method is available for selection.

nicolas wrote: 2. If you want to configure shipping price per product and display it on the product page, we actually have a system for that in HikaShop. We actually just published a tutorial on it here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ng-manual-price.html

Yes, but it doesnt seem to work for us.

If one of my shipping method priced at $x is for a single item, am i able to restrict to using this method for only 1 item in the cart?
It is described in the documentation that "The quantity of the order will be calculated based on the quantity of each products in it."
Does this mean, it is possible that my cart has 1 item of 2 products, and will still be able to select use the specified shipping method, despite the restriction in quantity has been set to 1?

How can we also apply various shipping costs based on different product quantity tiers?
Example: for item A, within the quantities of 5-10, the shipping method/price is $y amount, and for same item in 11-15 the shipping amount is $z.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 5 months ago #282914

Hi,

1. I don't understand what you mean ? Why display the total with the shipping cost if you don't display the shipping costs in the cart ?
And what modification did you do where ? What was a concrete result (screenshot ?) and what were you expecting exactly ?

2. I don't understand what you mean with restrictions. There is no restrictions here. You asked how to set different shipping prices per product, and I answered you about that.
When you configure shipping prices per product, you can set a shipping price X for product A and a shipping price Y for product B. If you have both A and B in the cart, with each a quantity of 1, the shipping price will be X+Y.
Isn't that what you want ?
And yes, for product A, you can have a shipping price X for quantities of 1-5 for that product A and a shipping price Y for quantities of 6-10 for product A. To do that, you need to configure a shipping price of X with a min qty of 1 and another shipping price Y with a min qty 6 in the product A.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds