Shipping from different locations (drop shipping)

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 3 months ago #284158

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30-pl0-gentoo
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome 61.0.3163.100

My business does a huge amount of drop shipping directly from manufactures. This means the source address of the various products is not the same.

When I use the USPS module, for example, it assumes the same source zip code for all items shipping and it assumes it's at my location. This gives me incorrect shipping calculations. Is there a way to fix this?

A simplified example to try and demonstrate further.

My Shop = Kansas City MO
Product 1, Apples, located in = Los Angeles CA
Product 2, Oranges, located in = Tampa FL
Customer 1 = Omaha NE

Now Customer 1 browses my site and adds Apples and Oranges to his cart. The USPS module calculates shipping those Apples and Oranges from Kansas City MO --> Omaha NE.
Where as it should have done two calculates like this:
Apples - Los Angeles CA --> Omaha NE
Oranges - Tampa FL --> Omaha NE

Does that make sense? I'm wondering how this gets done? How do others that drop ship deal with calculating shipping?

I tried looking at putting products into Warehouses and hoping Warehouses would have unique addresses but that doesn't exist. So then I tried looking at Zones but found no way to integrate them. What am I missing?

Thanks so much for any guidance or help
Malcolm

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by malcolmv8. Reason: Updated Hikashop version because I upgraded and results were relevant to the latest version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #284163

I feel like I'm getting closer. I've been messing with this for days and came up with this. I created multiple USPS shipping types and in each one changed the source zip code. Then checked the "restrictions" check box lower on the page and restricted to a specific warehouse. Then assigned products that warehouse. It seems to have done the trick for calculating each product from a different source zip code. Yah. However there's a big catch. It won't checkout in the cart. I even undid the multiple USPS shipping types and still can't checkout in the cart with same errors so I think it's unrelated but I'm doing something wrong here.

So here's what I put a different zip code for each "source location" of where products are shipping from.

My cart at checkout looks like this. Notice multiple USPS shipping options there (one for each item) yet the radio button is stuck on the last one always. If you click one of the others above the page refreshes and goes to the bottom one again.

At the bottom you can clearly see it has shipping methods selected

However when I attempt to continue further and click "finish" I get this popup error and cannot get past it or go any further.

Any ideas? If I can just get past this I should be in good shape.

Thanks
Malcolm

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by malcolmv8. Reason: Fix pictures

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 3 months ago #284164

Hello,

Please be sure to be up to date and using the latest version of HikaShop (3.2.1) ; the version 3.0.0 is almost one year old.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 3 months ago #284200

Jerome wrote: Hello,

Please be sure to be up to date and using the latest version of HikaShop (3.2.1) ; the version 3.0.0 is almost one year old.

Regards,

I upgraded yesterday shortly after making the post. Nothing has changed. Same problem. Still get stuck at the shopping cart with an error "please select your shipping method".

6 years 3 months ago #284217

OK I figured it out finally!! Here's the problem and solution for anyone else that gets stuck with this. The issue is your shipping information shows your two items in the cart but only one of them has the radio button selected and you are unable to get the other one selected. This prevents you from going any further in your cart. Here's a screen shot. Notice the circle on the one item no selected.

I found the problem to be in the default checkout workflow. I figured out you can't have "Shipping" and "Status" on the same screen at the same time. I've highlighted the two.

You can either move that "status" to another page or just delete it all together which is what I chose to do. Here's a picture of what that "status" is. It's just a summary of what shipping selections were made.

Now with it deleted from my cart checkout workflow I get both items shipping selected. See pic.

I assume this is a bug and not intended operation. I hope this helps others. BTW I'm on the latest version of Hikashop, version 3.2.1. I've upgraded since making the original post.

I hope this helps others.
Thanks
Malcolm

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: a2zcs

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 3 months ago #284223

Hello Malcolm,

Can you also show us screenshots of how your configured options of the page "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Advanced->LEGACY SETTINGS", so that we can also test it on our end ?

Thank you.

6 years 3 months ago #284313

Sure. Here are my legacy settings. Unless I changed something and forgot about it I believe these are the default settings.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 3 months ago #284336

Hello,

Thank you for these information, can you also give us a link to your website so that we can directly test it on your website ? We'll also try to reproduce and debug it on our end.

Thank you.

6 years 3 months ago #284416

My website is fixed now so that won't do any good for your testing. However did you see this forum post?

www.hikashop.com/support/forum/shipping-...on-singel-order.html

He had the exact same problem. I informed him of this thread and my fix and it worked for him too. So there's at least one other person who ran into this same bug.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds