Custom shipping - pick up solution

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 1 month ago #288653

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 58.0.2

Hi,
I have read many topics, but still find nothing suitable for me.
In my webshop, customers should be able to receive packets on a pickup point. I'm looking for a custom (or special) plugin, where I can make a custom list of pickup points and customers could select one place to receive the packet there. This option must be also sent by e-mail and get into the order's database. It would be a dropdown solution with a submit button, and only after, costumers could send their order.
So it would be like a form integrated into the shipping method. Is there any available plugin like this (without any API key restrictions) that can be used for this? Or must be a developer to create a standalone one?
I thought about using more manual shipping plugins together, however I have more than 100 pickup points, it is not a solution.
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
András

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 1 month ago #288681

Hi,

You don't need a plugin for that.
You can create a custom field of the table "order" and of the type "single dropdown" via the menu Display>Custom fields with the Business edition.
In the custom field, you can enter the values you want.
The only restriction with that, is that you can't easily restrict the dropdown to appear only for some shipping methods and not others (if that's something you need), and in that case, it would require a bit of javascript to hide/display the field based on the selected shipping method. But that's about it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: andrewatya

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 1 month ago #288787

Thank you. I understand this trick. However I will wait for sy to make a unique plugin for free users which can handle the pickup point functions via shipping method (it would be well integrated thing into the shipping process).
Thank you!
András

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds