No shipping method

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Multisite
6 years 2 weeks ago #289206

-- url of the page with the problem -- : gardengatedecor.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.28

I have HiksShop and HikaMarket loaded on a site. I am using UPS for the shipping method, but when I check out, I get the note: "No shipping method found". See screen shots for plugin settings. I do have the UPS Access Key, UPS User ID, Password, and Shipper number entered in the shipping plugin. If I activate the manual shipping plugin, that shows up. I've checked all the items listed in your FAQ www.hikashop.com/support/faq#ship and haven't seen anything wrong. What am I missing? By the way, the site is in maintenance mode right now.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by fullfusion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 2 weeks ago #289225

Hello,

Your UPS shipping methods seems to be correctly configured, can you also show us how you configured :
- Options of the "Restriction" tab through your UPS shipping method configuration page.
- Dimensions and weight options of the product which was added to your cart during your test.
- Your checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

• Hikashop Multisite
6 years 2 weeks ago #289263

The restrictions box was on one of the screen shots i already provided which shows no restrictions set. I have tested with a few more products and found that some bring up UPS shipping and others don't. I am attaching the weight and dimensions of one that worked and one that didn't, as well as my work flow. So you know, in my work flow I have renamed the "Shipping" step to "Shipping & Payment". I can not see any meaningful difference in the products that work and the ones that don't. Thank you for helping with this!

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 2 weeks ago #289281

Hi,

Do you have variants or options for the products ?
Could it be that the products for which it doesn't work are too heavy or too voluminous for your UPS merchant account contract ?

• Hikashop Multisite
6 years 2 weeks ago #289329

No variants on either of those products. I'm checking on any UPS restrictions.

6 years 2 weeks ago #289370

Hello,

The restrictions box was on one of the screen shots i already provided which shows no restrictions set

To be able to see shipping "Restriction" options, you'll have to click on the restriction checkbox. so can you check it and confirm that these options aren't used ?

Thank you.

• Hikashop Multisite
6 years 2 weeks ago #289493

Attached are screen shots of my restrictions for the UPS shipping method. I'm still trying to find out if there are any weight or dimension caps in the UPS account contract.

Attachments:

• Hikashop Multisite
6 years 2 weeks ago #289514

UPS shipping limits are as follows:

• Packages can be up to 150 lbs.
  • Packages can be up to 165 inches in length and girth combined.
  • Packages can be up to 108 inches in length.
  • Packages with a large size-to-weight ratio require special pricing and dimensional weight calculations.

So with the limitations, some of the products are exceeding the limit. They use the formula Length + 2x Width + 2x Height. So, for example, 55 + (2 x 22) + (2 x 40) = 179”

Looks like if a product exceeds the limit, UPS won’t return a shipping cost.

6 years 2 weeks ago #289535

Hello,

We have already set these package size/weight restrictions through UPS shipping plugin's code, so it shouldn't send packages which will exceed these limits. The only problematic case will be if you have a product which exceed these limits in your cart.

Also turning the "Group packages" option to YES through your UPS configuration page will probably be better.

• Hikashop Multisite
6 years 2 weeks ago #289567

Good to know on the limits being coded into the shipping plugin.

What does "group packages" do?

6 years 1 week ago #289604

Hello,

As its said on the documentation :

Group packages : If this option is activated, products will be grouped together. Otherwise, every product will have its own package (more expensive).

• Hikashop Multisite
5 years 11 months ago #290687

My client has added UPS LTL service which should cover items that exceed the regular UPS limits and I've checked the 3 LTL options in the shipping plugin, but I still get the "no shipping method found" message. Am I missing something else that needs to be activated or set to provide the LTL rates via UPS?

5 years 11 months ago #290711

Hello,

Firstly, can you show us some screenshots of how you configured :
- Your UPS shipping mehod,
- the product dimensions / weight used during your tests

So that we can reproduce it on our end ?

Thank you.

• Hikashop Multisite
5 years 11 months ago #290761

All the screen shots are attached earlier on in this thread. Please let me know if you need anything else.

5 years 11 months ago #290804

Hello,

We just reproduced it on our end and information that are sent to the UPS platform seems to be correct and valid, the problem is coming from the product which have these dimensions : 55x22x40 in

The UPS platform is returning the following error message with that product :

<ErrorCode>111050</ErrorCode>
<ErrorDescription>Package exceeds the maximum size total constraints of 165 inches (length + girth, where girth is 2 x width plus 2 x height).</ErrorDescription>

• Hikashop Multisite
5 years 11 months ago #290834

Right, so items that exceed those constraints are supposed to go with LTL, I believe. My client has LTL turned on in his UPS account and I have the 3 LTL options checked in the shipping plugin, so the question is, how do we get those LTL rates to come back from UPS?

5 years 11 months ago #290945

Hello,

so the question is, how do we get those LTL rates to come back from UPS?

The only thing that the UPS shipping plugin is doing is :
- Sending details about your order shipping address and product weight/dimensions
- If an LTL shipping services is enable, then it will also allow you to send them information about heavy products instead of directly displaying an error message.

However instead of returning LTL rates, UPS just returned that error message, so the best solution will probably be to :
- Use the "Debug" mode option of your UPS shipping configuration page to see what's sent to and returned from the UPS shipping platform through the HTML code of your checkout workflow (pressing F12 will do the job).
- Directly contact UPS to have more information about it.

• Hikashop Multisite
5 years 10 months ago #292669

We have found out that my client LTL account was not connected with his small package UPS account. That has now be corrected. Their website should be able to pull up small package rates and LTL rate. Small package rates still come up in testing, but LTL rates still do not. I have the debug turned on in the UPS plugin, but I don't see any debug info to refer to. I have also turned on the Joomla! debug but I don't see anything there regarding UPS. I'm using a Mac, so I have tried pushing fn + F12, but it doesn't produce any results either. I also switched to a default Joomla! template to make sure it was a template issue, but still I don't get any debug info. Where would I find the UPS debug info?

5 years 10 months ago #292683

Hello,

In that case, can you send us a temporary access to your back-end so that we can directly test it on your end, and check the code sent and returned from the UPS shipping platform.

You can send it using our contact form (don't forget to add a link to that thread on your message) :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Multisite
5 years 10 months ago #292730

I will submitted the credentials via your contact form as you requested, Mohamed, right after I submit this reply. Thank you for looking into this issue. The site is in maintenance mode so once you log in, you can use this product as a good test to see the issue at hand. www.gardengatedecor.com/outdoor-living-i...en-lutyens-bench-54l

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds