USPS Shipping WAY too high

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 2 weeks ago #289272

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

I've got a staging site setup so I can resolve the issues I had previously, and they seem to finally be resolved by this newest 3.3.0 version of HikaShop out of nowhere...so that's all resolved, but I noticed in testing today that the Shipping Charges are WAY out of line.

When adding 1 item at 2.1oz weight, shipping was right on target of $3.50 for First Class and $6.70 for Priority Mail.

When I added an additional item, which weighs 2.0oz (so total weight is now 4.1oz) shipping doubled at $7.00 First Class and $13.40 Priority Mail! Adding another of the 2.0oz items...shipping is now $10.50 First Class and $20.10 Priority Mail...so it has tripled!

I checked all settings, and it should be calculating like normal for weight, dimensions, and destination, so I don't understand what is going on.

In searching the forums here, I found people having the same issue with UPS...but not for USPS, but still...no resolutions. I just downloaded the software from HikaShop right now and re-tested everything, still the same issue.

Can someone please guide me here, or I'm more than willing to send over login info for the staging site.

Thank you very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 2 weeks ago #289287

Hello,

As usual, please provide screenshots of configuration and settings.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragon41673

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 weeks ago #289330

Jerome, I believe this is what you need. Not sure what you meant about configuration AND settings...but this is everything from the USPS Plugin

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 2 weeks ago #289419

Hello,

USPS shipping methods will only :
- Send order information to the USPS platform
- Receive rates from the USPS platform
- Display them.

We don't have any control on rates returned from the USPS platform but we eventually do some research to check what's sent to the USPS shipping platform.

Can you give us a temporary back-end access through our contact form so that we can directly test it on your end ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Thank you.

Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 weeks ago #289464

Hello, I understand...but it was working fine before the update to 3.3.0, and my issues are very similar to those that have the same problem with UPS, whereas mine is with USPS.

Login Information is being sent now...thank you!

6 years 2 weeks ago #289486

Hello,

I understand...but it was working fine before the update to 3.3.0, and my issues are very similar to those that have the same problem with UPS, whereas mine is with USPS.

The issue that they were having was coming from the "group package" algorithm so we fixed that issue through the last Hikashop version.

I just tested it on your end and packages were correctly sent to the USPS server. you should probably test it after clearing you website and browser cache.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 weeks ago #289516

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

I understand...but it was working fine before the update to 3.3.0, and my issues are very similar to those that have the same problem with UPS, whereas mine is with USPS.

The issue that they were having was coming from the "group package" algorithm so we fixed that issue through the last Hikashop version.

I just tested it on your end and packages were correctly sent to the USPS server. you should probably test it after clearing you website and browser cache.

All cache's were flushed when I tested it, and I just flushed them all again...the problem still persists.

6 years 2 weeks ago #289553

Hello,

That's weird because dimensions / weights of your order products seem to be correctly sent to the USPS shipping platform during the checkout process.

So in your case the best solution will probably to :
- Use the "Debug" mode option of your USPS shipping configuration page to see what's sent to and returned from the USPS shipping platform through the HTML code of your checkout workflow (pressing F12 will do the job).
- Directly contact USPS to have more information about it.

Thank you.

Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 1 week ago #289849

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

That's weird because dimensions / weights of your order products seem to be correctly sent to the USPS shipping platform during the checkout process.

So in your case the best solution will probably to :
- Use the "Debug" mode option of your USPS shipping configuration page to see what's sent to and returned from the USPS shipping platform through the HTML code of your checkout workflow (pressing F12 will do the job).
- Directly contact USPS to have more information about it.

Thank you.

I just spoke with USPS tech support for the API, they said the dimensions & weight are doubling no matter what I enter, which is why I'm getting incorrect pricing back from their server. They recommended that the software manufacture (HikaShop) recheck the coding. Can you please take another look?

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
6 years 1 week ago #289924

Just updated to the lasted build as of today 3/19 and it took care of the issue for me re: ups and usps

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragon41673

• Hikashop Business
6 years 1 week ago #289947

a2zcs wrote: Just updated to the lasted build as of today 3/19 and it took care of the issue for me re: ups and usps

Thanks for the update. I'll try to give that a try as soon as possible. I've got teething & sick at the same time twins which are preventing pretty much everything right now. I'll post again soon as I have had a chance to try it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

• Hikashop Business
6 years 4 days ago #290200

a2zcs wrote: Just updated to the lasted build as of today 3/19 and it took care of the issue for me re: ups and usps

a2zcs...that worked! Now to see if I can break it & find any other issues before pushing it live!

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help on this.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds