No shipping Method found after switching floating tax prices on

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 10 months ago #293287

-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 60.0.1 (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No shipping methods found

The issue came up when I was trying to sort out a rounding issue the client wanted me to look at. The site has been working perfectly up till this point when I went into System > Configuration > Taxes and I noticed the Floating Tax Prices was set to "No" The hint said that the prices entered would be considered as prices with tax added. I switched this to yes and had a look at the front end and immediately noticed that the checkout now said "No shipping method found" I have tried to clear the cache and the expired cache. I have checked the tables and told it to fix as it did find an issue with one of the tables. Hikashop tables are showing as OK including the shipping and shipping prices tables. I have put the site down for maintenance until we can get this resolved, quickly I hope. I can't believe that the Hikashop was fully functional until I switched this one setting and now it does not recognize any of the shipping methods that were working 10 minutes before. You will need a login to get onto the site, so let me know where I can provide this. All the best, Steve
Edit: Looks like it was a user login issue as I asked another superuser to have a look and she didn't have any issue with the shipping methods. I logged out and did a transaction and the shipping came up as normal. I don't understand as I do have restrictions on zones, but these are all states in Australia and my Superuser login is set to NSW Australia. So, looks like I have wasted your time, sorry about that, Steve

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by avonrivercs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 10 months ago #293294

Hi,

That setting has no influence on the shipping methods.
The only thing that it will do is that the prices of the products in your cart will be different if you have tax rules being applied as the taxes won't be added anymore but substracted from the prices.
So if you have min/max price restrictions in your shipping methods, it could influence that a bit.
But besides that, the shipping methods will display the same.
So I believe that your issue with the shipping methods is not related to that tax setting but it comes from how your shipping methods are setup.
We would need screenshots of how you configured your shipping methods to be able to say more.

Also, I don't see why you had to put the website down if it really came from that tax setting... You could just turn back off that setting to revert to the previous state.

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 10 months ago #293330

Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for looking into this for me and what you said was what I expected to happen. I didn't want visitors to the site making purchases if the prices had changed which is why I put the site offline for maintenance. I still don't understand why my superuser account says that there are no shipping methods as the only restriction I have in place is Australian states and territories, which my profile clearly states NSW with a NSW postcode. Anyway, all seems to be working normally again as I had another administrator log in and perform a purchase and it did show shipping methods for her. Thanks again for your time in this, all the best, Steve

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds