USPS shipping plugin broken after update

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295013

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10

Every since upgrade to hikashop 3.4.0, the USPS shipping plugin has not worked. We really only use it for international orders at the moment. Shipping is not calculated at all when shipping to international (Canada). After turning the debug option on, here is the error:

USPS error: -2147221202 The element 'IntlRateV2Request' has invalid child element 'OriginZip'. List of possible elements expected: 'Package'.

Very odd, as it worked before. I have also tried making a new WebTools account, as I thought the account may have expired. Still no luck.

Please let me know what you think. I can supply backend credentials via PM if necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295014

I was actually just alerted by a customer in Canada (I'm in the U.S.) that this error came up on an attempt to purchase. I was going to post, but I will follow this thread instead. I've attached a picture sent by him of the error as well. Confirmed his Zip Code and address are good.

I'm on Joomla 3.8.10, and HikaShop Essentials 3.4.1. I stopped from updating to 3.5.0 just in case.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #295045

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback !

Can you give us more information about your products weight/dimensions on your cart but also about how you configured your USPS shipping method through some screenshots ? Thank you.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295094

Sure. I have attached screenshots of the product weight and dimensions (sample product), as well as, the settings of the USPS shipping plugin.

Attachments:

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295100

Mohamed...I haven't had a chance yet to get you what you need, but I was trying to get a customer an estimated quote manually from the USPS website today for a package going to Canada...and their own site won't respond back with a quote! Just says there is an error and the service is not available at this time.

mojooutdoors-holden - can you try doing a quote from the USPS site and see if you have the same trouble?

postcalc.usps.com

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Dragon41673.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295139

Dragon41673 wrote: Mohamed...I haven't had a chance yet to get you what you need, but I was trying to get a customer an estimated quote manually from the USPS website today for a package going to Canada...and their own site won't respond back with a quote! Just says there is an error and the service is not available at this time.

mojooutdoors-holden - can you try doing a quote from the USPS site and see if you have the same trouble?

postcalc.usps.com

Well...the USPS site is working today, so there is no need to test that idea mojooutdoors.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295158

USPS shipping plugin still not working for Canada orders...

Seems there is something broken or maybe they changed their API?

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295170

Mohamed...here's my screen shots...

Shipping Plugin

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Dragon41673.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295171

Product Being Purchased:

The Error is still happening today even though the USPS website is providing manual quotes, so I'm guessing an API error or something, but it was working fine after my update to 3.4.1...then out of nowhere, it stopped.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 8 months ago #295195

Hello,

Thank you for these informations, can you both downoad the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mojooutdoors-holden

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295232

That seems to have worked! Thanks Mohamed!

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by mojooutdoors-holden.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 8 months ago #295360

Mohamed...not sure if what you did, or if USPS was the issue...but it was working for me without updating. As such, I went ahead & updated the site on a test site...checked, it's working there too...so I pushed it live.

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds