Checkout can proceed even if UPS shipping is not calculated

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #295101

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10

Using the UPS shipping plugin, if a customer enters an invalid address I get the "No shipping method found" message but the user can still proceed with checkout. This is essentially giving these orders free shipping. How do I prevent this? It should definitely prevent checkout in this case.

Thanks very much!

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by sixdeuces.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 9 months ago #295109

Hi,

Can you make sure that you didn't remove the "shipping" view from your checkout workflow in the HikaShop configuration ?
If not, please provide a screenshot of your checkout workflow and precise instructions to reproduce the problem on your website.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #295159

Requested screencap of checkout workflow attached.

To reproduce the issue, go to checkout and simply enter an invalid ZIP for the shipping address, such as "99999". Any time the UPS plugin isn't able to resolve the address the "No shipping method found" message appears, but you can still proceed with checkout.

EDIT: I talked with the client and we clarified something... it's specific to PayPal Express checkout only. If shipping has not been calculated you can still proceed with checkout via PayPal Express, but are blocked if using the HikaShop PayPal Pro payment plugin.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by sixdeuces.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #295160

The client requested I disable the PP Express checkout for now to prevent more orders from slipping through that way, so testing the live site won't be possible.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 9 months ago #295189

Hi,

Yes, that's normal. The PayPal Express checkout payment plugin works differently from normal payment plugins. The goal of an Express checkout is that the checkout on your website is skipped so that the checkout happens on PayPal's website.
So normally, you have the shipping fee added by PayPal itself in such cases:
www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/calculate-ship-and-tax

If you want customers to go through your checkout, then you don't want to use Express Checkout. Instead you want to use the standard PayPal payment method, or PayPal Advanced, or PayPal Pro.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #295218

OK, thanks for the clarification. Sorry to take your time!

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds