• Thank you received: 0
5 years 7 months ago #296562

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.bjdiscount.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1 [1807241124]
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.18
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chome, Latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no shipping

i created a new warehouse, added some products to that warehouse for free shipping. those products are working, but now the UPS shipping has stopped working. It was working but now on other products it does not show any shipping. it doesn't show any options, just Next. please advise.

^jasonhoblin
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by jasonhoblin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 7 months ago #296563

Hello,

Please provide screenshots of your current configuration and/or a workflow in order to see the issue in your website.
Without knowledge about your products and their configuration ; unfortunately we can't test anything and without your settings/organisation details we can't check if you have a misconfiguration somewhere.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 7 months ago #296624

Wouldnt it be easier to send logins? Go in and look??

^jasonhoblin

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 7 months ago #296626

Hello,

Unfortunately no ; it wouldn't be easier.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 7 months ago #296834

here are some screen shots...

^jasonhoblin
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 7 months ago #296847

Hello,

We're sorry but we'll need more information about it to properly reproduce it on our end, so can you please show us :
- How you configured the products dimensions/weight that you used during your tests ?
- The Shipping address used during your test ?
- "Restrictions" option of your shipping method ?

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 7 months ago #296951

images for your requests....

- How you configured the products dimensions/weight that you used during your tests ?
- The Shipping address used during your test ?
- "Restrictions" option of your shipping method ?

^jasonhoblin
Attachments:

5 years 7 months ago #296976

Hello,

Your issue is probably coming from the fact that you have restricted your UPS shipping method to a defined warehouse but not products that you have added on your cart.

The solution will be to check that your products have the same warehouse restriction as your UPS shipping method or directly unset the "warehouse" option of your UPS shipping configuration page.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 7 months ago #297201

No. Something is not working right.

I created three identical products. I put one with no warehouse, the second in the regular warehouse and a third in the free shipping warehouse. I CANNOT FIND A PATTERN TO THE CHECKOUT PROCESS. Its almost random. Whether the UPS show or not, whether free shipping is calculated or not, whether it shows UPS but then doesn't charge the shipping. It's like when I click next the next screen is random, even doing the same product test again.

I PAID for business level. I would not expect free tech support but I PAID real monies and I expect real support. We're going on weeks now and the client is asking WTF is taking so long. Please advise...

^jasonhoblin

5 years 7 months ago #297206

Hello,

I created three identical products. I put one with no warehouse, the second in the regular warehouse and a third in the free shipping warehouse. I CANNOT FIND A PATTERN TO THE CHECKOUT PROCESS. Its almost random. Whether the UPS show or not, whether free shipping is calculated or not, whether it shows UPS but then doesn't charge the shipping. It's like when I click next the next screen is random, even doing the same product test again.

In that case, can you please tell us when you want your UPS shipping method to be used ? With which products ? From which warehouse ?

Also, can you send us a temporary access to your back-end using our contact form as we can't identify shipping methods / products in screenshots you sent us ? Thank you (Please don't forget to specify a link to that thread in your message).
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

I PAID for business level. I would not expect free tech support but I PAID real monies and I expect real support. We're going on weeks now and the client is asking WTF is taking so long. Please advise...

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
Without knowing what you exactly want to achieve and having all information required to understand from where you issue is coming, we can't really help you, a real support is also about investigating on your issue before giving you a proper solution adapted to your needs.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 7 months ago #297222

Free Shipping on Featured Items

RE:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/shipping-...shipping.html#297206

Here are some logins: (ty!)

[not posted, send via contact form]

Normal Product, Should Charge Shipping, UPS Auto Options
www.bjdiscount.com/electrical/product/675-sparky-normal.html

Normal Product, COD, No Shipping Charge, Local Pick Up
www.bjdiscount.com/electrical/product/660-sparky-pickup.html

Featured Product, No Shipping Charges
www.bjdiscount.com/featured/product/676-sparky-freeship.html

There are three test/sample products. All products have a weight and dimensions.

Two Normal products are assigned to the local store warehouse. The third product is "Featured" and set to a "Free Shipping" warehouse. There are no special restrictions.

The two Normal products should calculate UPS or allow local pickup. the third featured product should not offer shipping options.

From what I've found on other posts and my own, I can't find why UPS option is ALWAYS showing and the actual shipping costs are sometimes zero and sometimes the UPS cost, randomly.

Please help get this configured. I'll make a SOLVED post with a summary.

^jasonhoblin

5 years 7 months ago #297251

Hello,

The two Normal products should calculate UPS or allow local pickup

Do you mean that both of these product should be usable with both "UPS" and "No Shipping - Store PickUp" ? If that's the case you'll have to set the "Warehouse" option of both of these shipping methods to "BJ Discount Store", because without this, shipping methods will be available for every product if you don't set any warehouse to these shipping methods.

the third featured product should not offer shipping options

Which shipping methods should be used with that product ? Because without shipping methods assigned to that product warehouse you'll have a "no shipping methods found" error message as your product have a weight / dimension.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 6 months ago #297533

set the "Warehouse" option of both of these shipping methods to "BJ Discount Store",

Ok, I set the warehouse for normal "UPS" shipping and "No Shipping - LocalPickUp" to the BJ Discount warehouse, under restrictions.

I verified the products I'm testing have 1) weight, 2) dimensions, and 3) are in the BJ Discount Store warehouse.

Now the UPS is not showing at all. for normal products that should charge shipping.

--

Which shipping methods should be used with that product ?

For the featured products, with free shipping, I assigned to the products free shipping warehouse, AND just added the restriction of the free shippng warehouse to the free shipping method and now that seems to be working ok. good.

Why did UPS stop working for normal products after I added the warehouse restriction?

(again, I verified the products I'm testing have 1) weight, 2) dimensions, and 3) are in the BJ Discount Store warehouse. )

^jasonhoblin

5 years 6 months ago #297563

Hello,

Your shipping methods and products seem to be correctly configured.

I also tested it on my end with the same configuration and UPS services were correctly returned, can you test it with the "Checkout legacy" option set to NO via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Advanced" and your website / browse cache cleared ?

If it's still not working, can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ? Thank you !

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji

5 years 6 months ago #297588

* updated joomla 3.8.12
* re-downloaded HS Biz, reinstalled
* re-checked products, shipping
* cleared JOM cache and browser cache

It's working!!

Items are now calculating correctly during checkout! woot!!

ok, but lets not close this thread just yet. let me play for a few days to verify and double check. I'll leave a detailed summary for the forum when we're done. ty.

stand by....

^jasonhoblin

5 years 6 months ago #297605

Hello,

Good, feel free to contact us if you have any other issue regarding your shipping methods.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 4 months ago #300707

Well, now its not working...

Customer just ordered a products and it completed the sale without charging shipping.
CUSTOMER IS VERY ANGRY!

1) The product has weight and dimensions.
2) The product is in the correct warehouse.
3) The UPS shipping methods is enabled.
4) The shipping method has the same warehouse.
5) There are no custom restrictions.
6) The checkout process, on the Shipping tab, just says Continue.

A. This is a paid business license.
B. This issue has been open for weeks.
C. Generic responses with links to documentation will only make me angry.
D. This issue seems far to common a function to be having this level of difficulty.
(seriously. just. charge. shipping. how difficult can a basic shopping cart function be?!?)

Images of the issue are attached.

Testing this product (MS604114CEFG-01):
www.bjdiscount.com/products/product/404-...toilet-1-28-gpf.html

Please advise.

^jasonhoblin
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by jasonhoblin.

5 years 4 months ago #300723

Hello,

Your issue is coming from Weight/Dimensions Units used through your product configuration page as you can see through the attached screenshot, this product was probably imported using an invalid CSV file or SQL request to your database may have caused this.

Weight/Dimensions Units used are not defined through "Weight / Dimensions symbols" option via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Advanced" which is causing that issue as Hikashop doesn't "recognize" these units.

The solution will just be to replace "Pounds" by "lb" and "Inches" by "in" through your product configuration page, and test it again after having cleared your cache.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds