Autoslect one shipping only

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
5 years 7 months ago #297252

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All

I'm developing site with a lot of variabnles.

There are products regarding several cities in the world

If Someone from USA orders product NYDESIGN the shipping is free
If Someone from Netherlands orders AMSDESIGN shipping is free, etc.

If you order from other countries youpay shipping.

We use Dollars for ALL, Euro's for Europe en Pounds for UK.

I made SHIPPING methodes for this. SO Free Shipping is selected by COUNTRYZONE + WAREHOUSE. I made warehouses to slect the product for free shipping. The products that don't have free shipping are not attached to a warehouse.

If I order a NONE free product and order another NONE freeshipping product. 2 x shippingcosts are selected. If I order a Proiduct with free shipping that's also added.

How I can I make sure system ONLY chooses one shipping methode automatically only. And that must be the shipping with highest price.
I can't figure it out anymore. Tried with weight on products, etc.

I'll keep on trying!
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by gasoline. Reason: Add shipping config AMS FREE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 6 months ago #297262

Hello,

The best solution in your case will probably be to :
- Go to "Shipping UK" and "Shipping EU (excluding UK)" shipping methods configuration page via "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods"
- Set the "Use price per product" option to YES

- Go to products configuration page from the "Worldwide excluding EU and UK" zone
- Use options of the "Shipping prices" tab of your products configuration pages
- Check the "Blocked" check box for the "Shipping UK" and "Shipping EU (excluding UK)" shipping methods

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 6 months ago #297370

Hi Mohamed,
That does not seem to work while WORLDWIDE shipping is only selected now. But also multiple times if I buy different products.

We have diff rates for Europe, UK and Rest of World plus some free options depending on product and shipping location.

When someone is at his cart only one shipping option should be displayed there (the most expensive one). So if they order product with free shipping plus a product with shippingcosts only the shippingcosts should be displayed. The free one should remain invisible.

I'll keep on trying!
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by gasoline. Reason: add image

5 years 6 months ago #297372

Hello,

When someone is at his cart only one shipping option should be displayed there (the most expensive one).

If you want only one shipping method to be displayed during the checkout workflow, then you shouldn't use warehouses on your products and shipping methods.

The free one should remain invisible.

Regarding the free shipping method, the best solution will probably be to :
- Un-publish your free shipping method
- Un-set the weight/dimensions of your "free-shipping" products
- Set the "Force shipping regardless of weight" option to NO via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 6 months ago #297515

This is confusing.

I learned here I NEED warehouses to make differentation in shipping for certain products. A london product is FREE SHIPPING in UK f.e. But for rest of the world a fee. And so one. AMS is free in NL/BE but rest of world a shippingfee. Because they make diff products but they are al send from Netherlands but I needed the warehouse trick to make shipping free for certain locations with certain products.

And now that causes this issue?

So I can't work with this. So I'm forced to use SHIPPING COSTS always.

That is a big bummer.

P.S. Is there not solution/option to make a 'rule' that when someone orders LONDON product from UK (and so on) shipping is free?

I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Jerome. Reason: Removing full quote message

5 years 6 months ago #297565

Hello,

Is there not solution/option to make a 'rule' that when someone orders LONDON product from UK (and so on) shipping is free?

There is a way and I think you already did it, by using your "FREE SHIPPING UK" shipping method and setting it's warehouse option to the same warehouse of your London product, and setting the "Zone" option to UK.

The problem that we are facing is that you want to hide free shipping methods, and that can either be done by not having any shipping methods (product without weight/dimension), or done by developing a custom shipping plugin which will take into account all your shipping rules.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 6 months ago #297573

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

Is there not solution/option to make a 'rule' that when someone orders LONDON product from UK (and so on) shipping is free?

There is a way and I think you already did it, by using your "FREE SHIPPING UK" shipping method and setting it's warehouse option to the same warehouse of your London product, and setting the "Zone" option to UK.

The problem that we are facing is that you want to hide free shipping methods, and that can either be done by not having any shipping methods (product without weight/dimension), or done by developing a custom shipping plugin which will take into account all your shipping rules.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Hi Mohamed,
Very clear, thanks. I will dive into that, or maybe need to hire a more experienced developer for this specific issue.
Is there any documentation available that give some info into how to develop a custom shipping plugin to give me a head start?

I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by gasoline.

5 years 6 months ago #297575

Hello,

Sure you'll find more information about hikashop integrations by checking the "Shipping API" menu through our developer documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tation.html#shipping

Also, if you need the help of a professional developer to quickly develop it, you can check our partners section : www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 6 months ago #297946

I'm very confused now. I unpublished all shipping methodes and only published one (see image). I unpublished plugin "HikaShop Shipping manual - Prices per product plugin" but still for every product it adds shipping. So if someone orders 3 different products SHipping is added 3 times.

Where am I doing something wrong. I get headaches now and cant figure it out anymore,

I'll keep on trying!
Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #297947

Hello,

Your issue is probably coming from the fact that your products have different warehouses set through the "Warehouse" option of their configuration page.

If you're only using one shipping method, un-setting warehouses on your product can be a good solution.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

5 years 6 months ago #297968

Hi Mohamed,

I deleted all warehouses, free shipping options and made 3 shipping options only.

Europe / UK / Rest of world.

Now the right shipping option is selected but for every new product I add also shipping is added. I'm really confdused now.

The coupon is an auto discount based on product and region.

I'll keep on trying!
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 6 months ago #297971

Hello,

You still have warehouse in your products settings.
Please clean your database

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gasoline

5 years 6 months ago #298014

That solved it, I set all products in warehouse to 0 in dbase:

I'll keep on trying!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds