Semantics of shipment method filtering.

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 6 months ago #299553

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ruedusansgluten.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4

While the HikaShop-manual says that the configured plugins (I refer only to the manual type) are evaluated as if they were filters, nevertheless this implied semantics is not quite true. They seem to be applied to the shipment instance in a sequential manner.
I might as well think they are implemented using various SQL SELECTs.
In fact I get responses like this one: ITEMS_WEIGHT_TOO_SMALL_FOR_SHIPPING_METHODS = S="The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods" when it is not true for ALL the methods I configured but only for a subset of them.
This may be a clue to the fact that a query gets issued having a WHERE ZONE = "somewhere" clause.

I beg the authors (or anyone who knows) to disclose the exect evaluation semantics (or trivially the algorithm) of the configured shipment rules.

THNX al lot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 6 months ago #299558

Hi,

First the shipping methods are loaded with restrictions that can be applied through SQL:
- access level
- published or not
If no method is found the generic "no shipping method is found" message is displayed.
Then, the restriction on the zone, as well as the zip code restrictions, is applied on all the shipping methods left.
If no method is left after that, the "no shipping method found for your zone" message is displayed.
Then, for each shipping method left, the different restrictions (weight, volume, price, etc) are applied at the same time. Each time a shipping method is discarded at that point the reason for which it was discarded is stored. And if no shipping method is left and there is at least one reason stored, the first reason is displayed (as to not display several different error messages to the customer which would make it quite confusing).

The following user(s) said Thank You: vittorio.zambon

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 6 months ago #299611

your timeliness, kindness and expertise are exceptional! Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds