How to implement shipping cost on request

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 5 months ago #299719

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ijscomanvenlo.nl/webwinkel

My standard shipping method is shipping as a parcel by the national post. This is now implemented.

Specific products are to big for that. For these products I want the customer to request the shipping cost and shipping method by email. Once we agree on method an cost, I would like him to finish the checkout process with this agreed shipping cost.

How can I do this?

Kind regards,

Hubert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 5 months ago #299739

Hi,

I would create a specific shipping method with the "manual" shipping plugin and call it "request shipping" without any price.
It is display as "free shipping" and you cange change that text with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
Then, in all your shipping methods, you can activate the "shipping price per product" setting.
And then in each product, you can block the shipping methods you don't wish to display when the product is in the cart.
Then, you can create a payment method "collect on delivery" that you can rename to "pay after shipping costs are calculated".
Then, you can use the "shipping method" restriction in your payment methods to restrict the payment methods based on the shipping method selected.
That way, you can have the "request shipping" shipping method to appear when these products are in the cart, and skip the payment so that the customers can finish the order.
And you can then calculate the costs on your end, modify the order and talk with them, and once they are ok, you can change the payment method of the order and change the status of the order so that they can access the "pay" button of their orders listing on the frontend. You can activate that with the "Payment of orders not paid immediately" setting of the HikaShop configuration and the "unpaid" column of the System>Order statuses menu.

5 years 5 months ago #299756

Thanx for the quick reply.

I created an extra shipping method and set "price per product"on for all shipping methods. The "price per product"plugin is activated.

I blocked 3 of the 4 shipping methods for a particular product (see screendump). I would expect that on teh product page I would only get the shipping method that I dod no block. However: all 4 are still there (see screendump).

What am I doing wrong?

Hubert

Attachments:

5 years 5 months ago #299766

Hi,

The shipping method is not on the product page, but on the cart module or the cart view of the checkout. So I'm not sure why you're talking about the product page ?
Coudl you provide precise instructions to reproduce the problem with that product on your website ?

5 years 5 months ago #299823

I forgot to attach the screendump. I did it now ( www.ijscomanvenlo.nl/webwinkel/houtopslag ). This is what I call the product page.

As you can see, all 4 shipping methods are still on the page, wheras I have blocked the first 3 ones!

Kind regards,

Hubert

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 5 months ago #299843

Hello,

You're right, thanks to your return, we have now a code correction to solve your issue, it have been now push in our package files.
Now for you, follow me step by step to simply add the correction :
- First go to YourWebsite\plugins\hikashop\shippingmanual_prices and open the "shippingmanual_prices.php"
- around line 282, you will see this :

$shipData = array();
// Get data from Shippingmanual_prices plugin :
foreach ($shippings as $v){
	// Don't display unpublished shipping method on product page :
	if($v->shipping_published == 0)
		continue;
Add this line :
// Blocked per price check : 
if ( (isset($v->shipping_fee_value)) && ($v->shipping_fee_value == -1) ) {
	$v->shipping_published = 0;
}
just after "foreach ($shippings as $v) {":
To get finally this :

Thanks again for your return !
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Philip.

5 years 5 months ago #299870

Thanx. This seems to solve the problem.

But I have now changed the php-code.

Will this change (bug-solution) be included in the next release of Hikashop?

Regards,

Hubert

5 years 5 months ago #299877

Hi,

Yes, it will be included.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds