Interesting couriers

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 weeks ago #304901

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

Hi,

this is less related to Hikashop, though to a degree it is: I'm building a webshop with Hikashop and I'm i need for an interesting international courier (we are Belgium based). It seems Hikashop offers a limited list of shipping plugins, in between which we have to make a choice.
What international couriers would you recommend in our situation?

Cheers,

BC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 4 weeks ago #304909

Hi,

Note that even for carriers for which you don't see a plugin made specifically for it for HikaShop, it doesn't necessarily means that you can't use it.
The only function of the shipping plugins made for specific carriers is that it automatically calculate the shipping fee based on the address of the customer, your shop location, and the weight and dimensions of the products in the cart by contacting the carrier servers.
So you could totally create instances of the manual shipping method plugin to create the rules you need for your products based on the shipping fee table of your carrier. For some carriers, it can be easy to do. For example, the French carrier LaPoste has a limited number of shipping fees (the same for all of France, the same for the rest of Europe, etc). So if for example, you only ship in Europe, you can get by with creating only a handful of manual shipping mehtods. That's also why that carrier doesn't have an API to calculate the shipping fees dynamically like UPS or FedEx have.
In fact, some online shops actually don't even mess with that and just setup a manual shipping method with a fixed price (like for example 10€ for all the orders). Some orders might end up needing more and some less but overall, it evens out for the online shop.
So it first depends what you want to do on your online shop and then what the shipping carriers would charge you (so you should contact several of them and check with them what are their fees).

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 weeks ago #304925

Nicoals,

very useful, thank you!
I will be configuring the manual plugin then,

cheers,

BC

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds