• Thank you received: 0
4 years 11 months ago #305666

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 66.0.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a

Hi Nicholas,
I have searched around but do not find a forum thread that covers my need, or a tutorial that you can maybe point me to.

I want to know if it is possible to use zones somehow to put in postal codes (4 digits) within a country to set the shipping method.

We have various regions in South Africa and shipping can be broke down as follows:
Major centres - i.e. Cape Town, Durban Johannesburg, etc..made up of 0018, 0019, 2019, 2169 etc...
outlying areas - everything else.
Both of these are made up of numerous postal codes all 4 digits long. If I created some sort of zone made up of these postal codes that people enter into their address field, could I charge different shipping amounts?

I would be happy if I could just have two zones i.e. "Major centres" and outlying areas. Or maybe just one "MAjor centres" and anything not in that postal code selection would be charged differently.

Is this possible at all? How would I do it? Is thee a tutorial?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
4 years 11 months ago #305669

Hi,

When you create manual shipping methods via the System>Shipping methods' new button, you can find the settings:
minimum post code and maximum post code
So you can create manual shipping methods where you enter the post code ranges that you want this shipping method to appear for on the checkout and create as many shipping methods as post code ranges you have.
Otherwise, you also have this plugin which support post code regexs so that you can enter more complex rules for post codes in your shipping methods so that you don't have to create tens/hundreds of shipping methods for all the possible ranges:
brainforge.co.uk/shop/paid-downloads/hik...hopshipping_bfmanual

4 years 10 months ago #306342

Hi! I have the same problem but I am in Canada and our postal code looks like H4H2R1. I tried the min prefix postcode and the max prefix postcode but my postcode is not recognized. For example:
Min : H4
Max : H5

H4 representing the prefix for all combinations Letter-Number-Letter-Number-Letter-Number beginning with H4

Is it possible that Canadian postcode cannot use the manual Hikashop shipping method?

• Thank you received: 13035
4 years 10 months ago #306355

Hi,

You can use the post code settings but it's more complex.
For your example, you would have to enter "H" in the prefix, "H2R1" in the suffix, "4" in the min and "5" in the max and that would accept two post codes H4H2R1 and H5H2R1
If you want to accept all the H4 and H5 post codes regardless of what is after, that would require creating a lot of manual shipping methods so it's not a good solution.
In that case, it's better you use brainforge's shipping plugin as I was explaining in my previous message.

4 years 10 months ago #306375

I see.
Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds