How to implement In-Store Pickup shipping option?

• Thank you received: 2
4 years 9 months ago #307213

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.6

How do I properly set up a:"Store Pickup" shipping option?

I started with a Manual Shipping option, and added an Order Custom Field: Store Location (drop-down list of options where the customer can pick up his items). I, then added the custom field in to the Shipping page of our checkout process.

That was pretty much straightforward and "works".

However, how do I go about:
1. Showing the Store Locations option only when the Store Pickup shipping method is selected (hide and reset the field when a different option is clicked/selected
2. Displaying the selected Store Location in the Summary page of the checkout process.
3. Include the Store Location information in Order Notification emails. Right now, it's showing in the Additional Info part (together with the Order Notes field), but it makes more sense to show this together with the Shipping Method line (which shows "Store Pickup")

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 9 months ago #307227

Hello,

1. Showing the Store Locations option only when the Store Pickup shipping method is selected (hide and reset the field when a different option is clicked/selected
2. Displaying the selected Store Location in the Summary page of the checkout process.
3. Include the Store Location information in Order Notification emails. Right now, it's showing in the Additional Info part (together with the Order Notes field), but it makes more sense to show this together with the Shipping Method line (which shows "Store Pickup")

There's actually no option to exactly do what you need, so the best solution will probably be to directly develop a shipping plugin based on the code of the manual shipping plugin.

For more information :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tation.html#shipping

• Thank you received: 114
4 years 9 months ago #307250

Hi,

The best of course would be to develop a plugin but this also can be done with custom fields and a bit hikashop view overrides. We have added something similar to our site and it works pretty well.

1. Create custom field of type of order. Which you have done already....
2. Add some javascript to show/hide that custom field based on shipping method selected. Or customize show_block_fields.php and show/hide your field based on shipping method selected by it's ID.
3. Add 1 line of code which will display that field in your summary page.
4. Create hikashop email override(if not have it yet) and add few lines of code to display that field.

This is easy job but In order to do this you should have some php,js,html skills or you can find a developer who will do this job for you. I hope this helped a bit.

Regards

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311194

Hi,

I would like this "Pickup at store" option yet much easier.
Created manual shipping - named it pickup at store, no restrictions, override adress with store location.
This is all fine.

Only thing I would like removed is the line: Free shipping - which comes after my "Pickup at store" line.
(saw an old post how to remove this in the language file but this means other free shipping options will not show it is free shipping.)

Hope there is an easy fix to have people pick the store location for pickup. Thank you

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 6 months ago #311199

Hi,

I would recommend to use a translation override to remove that free shipping text.
Then, for the other shipping methods where you want to display a "free shipping" text, you can add it in the "name" of the shipping method.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds