Incorrect Shipping Options for New Zealand Customer

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #312359

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

No, what I'm saying is that :

The orders information seem to be correctly sent to the USPS platform, but note that setting the "Use product dimension" to no will result in packages dimensions not sent to the USPS platform, so they'll only be able to apply weight restrictions.

So if you want USPS restrictions to be properly applied, you should set that option to YES.

If i set it to yet...I seem to get the same results, so nothing is changing.

If even clearing your cache and changing that option value doesn't change the final result, then that mean the USPS platform isn't properly applying their restrictions and returning rates. We actually don't have any control of values returned from the USPS platform as we can only send them as much information as we can about your customers orders.

So contacting USPS about your issue can be a good solution, we can eventually help you check the code sent to the USPS platform if needed.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji

Ah ok I understand now...

I just find it odd that something like this is happening if that setting is set to no...in theory, it should be returning First Class Mail International shipping but it is not. If I set it to YES for using the product dimensions, then yes...it should NOT be returning First Class Mail International.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 5 months ago #312396

Hello,

I just find it odd that something like this is happening if that setting is set to no...in theory, it should be returning First Class Mail International shipping but it is not. If I set it to YES for using the product dimensions, then yes...it should NOT be returning First Class Mail International.

Here is the code sent with the "Use product dimension" enabled :
<?xml version="1.0"?><IntlRateV2Request USERID="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"><Revision>2</Revision><Package ID="1"><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>7</Ounces><Machinable>false</Machinable><MailType>Package</MailType><ValueOfContents>100</ValueOfContents><Country>Canada</Country><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>Regular</Size><Width>4.5</Width><Length>7.5</Length><Height>1.75</Height><Girth>20</Girth><OriginZip>53142</OriginZip></Package></IntlRateV2Request>

and the code sent with the "Use product dimension" disabled :
<?xml version="1.0"?><IntlRateV2Request USERID="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"><Revision>2</Revision><Package ID="1"><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>7</Ounces><Machinable>false</Machinable><MailType>Package</MailType><ValueOfContents>100</ValueOfContents><Country>Canada</Country><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>Regular</Size><Width></Width><Length></Length><Height></Height><Girth></Girth><OriginZip>53142</OriginZip></Package></IntlRateV2Request>

And USPS response still contain a First class international rate.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #312695

I guess I'm just not understanding why the site isn't showing the First Class International listing then if it is coming back on the coding you are showing. Can you help me understand that?

4 years 5 months ago #312713

Hello,

When I tested i the First Class International shipping service was returned through the USPS response and it actually showed up through the checkout workflow.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #312731

When I tested i the First Class International shipping service was returned through the USPS response and it actually showed up through the checkout workflow.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Interesting...I just had a sale from Canada, that was 4 items if I recall, which weighed a total of 15oz...and was only given priority mail shipping as an option. Each items measured 5in x 3in x 1.25 in. So it was well under the 4lb limit for first class mail.

What items did you test with?

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Dragon41673.

4 years 5 months ago #312782

Hello,

As you can see through the code sent to the USPS platform that I gave you, I actually tested it with a product which was 4.5 x 7.5 x 1.75 in and 7 oz.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 3 months ago #314250

Mohamed,

I'm still having issues no matter what I do to change settings. I've even talked with USPS and they claim there is no issue on their end, but on my shop side, which you guys say there is nothing wrong.

Customer after customer are getting upset that there is no option for First Class Mail International (not just the original New Zealand person). Just tonight I had a customer with a package for 15oz that EASILY is under the 4lb weight restriction only get offered Priority Mail International.

Please...I need some help. I'm sending a link to all the necessary information to log into the back end on the test site. Can you please look further into this?

4 years 3 months ago #314288

Hello,

We added a modification through the code of your USPS shipping plugin, so that it will send your customers order information regardless of the total weight, if the shipping service selected is First class mail international.

Can you test it on your end so that we can know if we can add that improvement in the last USPS shipping version ? Thank you !

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 3 months ago #314294

Ok...looks like it is forcing First Class Mail International...but the option for Priority Mail International is now missing.

Plus...for U.S. destination packages...shipping is now broken and not coming up at all stating an error of "no shipping method selected"

4 years 3 months ago #314315

Hello,

It was my bad, I actually unpublished back other services, that's why First class was the only one showing.

Can you test it again after clearing your browser's session/cache ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 3 months ago #314322

It was my bad, I actually unpublished back other services, that's why First class was the only one showing.

Can you test it again after clearing your browser's session/cache ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Mohamed...as far as I can tell, it's working. What did you do to change it?

I went so far as to put items in my cart that would be 4lb exact, anywhere from 1 single item, to multiple items that totaled 4lb...and it still showed First Class...as soon as I added another quarter ounce (0.25oz) item to the order to make it just more than 4lb, it was Priority Mail only which is exactly how it should work. I'm very curious!

4 years 3 months ago #314334

Hello,

We're now only sending information to the USPS platform for First Class mail international services regardless of the order total weight, packaging types, so we're letting them decide if the order should have access to that shipping service or not.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 3 months ago #314360

We're now only sending information to the USPS platform for First Class mail international services regardless of the order total weight, packaging types, so we're letting them decide if the order should have access to that shipping service or not.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Is that only for International packages...or all USPS packages. If it's for all...I'd like to play around some more if you dont mind and see if I can come across any issues for other areas like domestic or country specific ones before this gets implemented in a full release.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 3 months ago #314370

OK...I've toyed with numerous different setups for packages and items, and I just cannot find anything wrong with it.

Could you please let me know when it goes into the main release so I can update my live site?

Thank you for all the work Mohamed! I'm glad it's finally resolved!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

4 years 3 months ago #314409

Hello,

You can download the last Hikashop version through our website and install it on your website if you want the last version of the USPS package.

Thank you for your feedback !
Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 3 months ago #314443

You can download the last Hikashop version through our website and install it on your website if you want the last version of the USPS package.

Thank you for your feedback !
Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Unfortunately that did not work, and I have also cleared all cache on the site and my browsers.

4 years 3 months ago #314454

Hello,

My bad, we just mad a new package, can you download it again through our website, install it and test it again ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 3 months ago #314482

My bad, we just mad a new package, can you download it again through our website, install it and test it again ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Installed just now...works great! Thank you again for all the help Mohamed! I sincerely appreciate it as will my customers!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

• Hikashop Business
4 years 2 months ago #315455

tritilw wrote: I'm still having issues no matter what I do to change settings. I've even talked with USPS and they claim there is no issue on their end, but on my shop side, which you guys say there is nothing wrong.

Well...I'd wait for Mohamed to respond if I were you, but...make sure you're up to date on the install, as this fixed my issue completely. Pricing is DEAD ON for the shipping.

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 2 months ago #315462

Hi,

We would be happy to help you tritilw if you could provide more information on your issue. Please open a new thread for that.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds