• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309796

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hello,

I had a customer from New Zealand inform me that he is only getting Priority Mail International shipping prices for an item that weighs 3lb. This is obviously under the 4lb weight limit for First Class Mail International.

How can I figure out what is going on? I've copied his address exactly, and even verified it on Google that it is correct. I've even confirmed on USPS website that there is no odd weight limit to New Zealand.

Makes me wonder if other customers in other countries are having the same issue as International Sales have declined in the last couple months.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 8 months ago #309807

Hello,

The best solution will probably be to use the "Debug" mode option of your USPS shipping configuration page to see what's sent to and returned from the USPS shipping platform through the HTML code of your checkout workflow (pressing F12 will do the job).

Which will enable you to contact and send it to USPS to ask them why they're only returning Priority Mail International shipping prices, it will greatly help us to improve the plugin if they could tell us the reason. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309836

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

The best solution will probably be to use the "Debug" mode option of your USPS shipping configuration page to see what's sent to and returned from the USPS shipping platform through the HTML code of your checkout workflow (pressing F12 will do the job).

Which will enable you to contact and send it to USPS to ask them why they're only returning Priority Mail International shipping prices, it will greatly help us to improve the plugin if they could tell us the reason. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Mohamed...sorry for the late reply. Had to go to the eye Dr. and my eyes are just now getting back to normal from dilation.

So I made a test site, turned debugging on for the site, as well as the shipping options...and I'm in the cart at checkout, with F-12 open...and I am just not finding anything. What am I supposed to do that I'm not doing to find this debug log?

Thank you

4 years 8 months ago #309846

Hello,

So I made a test site, turned debugging on for the site, as well as the shipping options...and I'm in the cart at checkout, with F-12 open...and I am just not finding anything. What am I supposed to do that I'm not doing to find this debug log?

Well, on some website, debugs doesn't seem to be displayed correctly, because of the cache. Can you send us a temporary back-end access to your test website so that we can directly test it and retrieve the code sent and returned from the USPS platform ? Thank you!

Mohamed...sorry for the late reply. Had to go to the eye Dr. and my eyes are just now getting back to normal from dilation.

That's great, I'm really glad for you., wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309880

Well, on some website, debugs doesn't seem to be displayed correctly, because of the cache. Can you send us a temporary back-end access to your test website so that we can directly test it and retrieve the code sent and returned from the USPS platform ? Thank you!

That's great, I'm really glad for you., wish you a nice day!
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Thank you Mohamed...

I heard back from USPS, and they are claiming that the package I'm shipping is over the international dimension limit for First Class Mail International...which is VERY odd as I've shipped stuff all over in this exact same box. Maybe it's something new, some obscure rule they just started enforcing, or something else. Either way...I've reached back out to them for clarification and hope to have that in the next day or two and post it here. If it still makes no sense, I'll use the contact form to get you access on the backend.

Thank you!

4 years 8 months ago #309885

Hello,

Either way...I've reached back out to them for clarification and hope to have that in the next day or two and post it here. If it still makes no sense, I'll use the contact form to get you access on the backend.

That's great that they could locate the problem, let's wait for their reply in that case !

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309920

Either way...I've reached back out to them for clarification and hope to have that in the next day or two and post it here. If it still makes no sense, I'll use the contact form to get you access on the backend.

That's great that they could locate the problem, let's wait for their reply in that case !

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Ok...2 emails later and here's what they had to say...which sucks as I'm 2 inches past the cutoff.

FIRST EMAIL:
Thank you for contacting the USPS® Internet Customer Care Center. 

Please see the new guidelines:

https://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/Imm/immc2.pdf

Ensure Correct First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®) Weight and Size Limits

All outbound First-Class Package International Service (FCPIS) items must be compliant with the maximum weight and size limits listed in IMM 251.2 in order to avoid FCPIS mailpieces being returned to our customers. Foreign posts have recently informed the USPS that they are receiving many FCPIS items that exceed the maximum weight and size limits, which creates operational and resource issues for them. When foreign posts receive oversized packets, they have the option to return the items to our mailers, which diminishes the customer experience for our customers.   IMM 251.2 is copied below for your reference:

251.2 Physical Characteristics and Standards — Packages (Small Packets)
251.21 Weight Limit

The weight limit for a First-Class Package International Service package (small packet) is 4 pounds.
251.22 Dimensions — Other Than Rolls
Packages (small packets) other than rolls must be within the following dimensions:
a.     Maximum length: 24 inches. Length is the longest dimension.
b.    Maximum length, height, and depth (thickness) combined: 36 inches.  12 X 10 X 3 is 38 inches combined.
c.     Minimum size: Large enough to accommodate the postage, address, customs form, and other required elements on the address side.
251.23 Dimensions — Rolls
Rolls must be within the following dimensions:
a.     Minimum length: 4 inches.
b.    Minimum length plus twice the diameter combined: 6-3/4 inches.
c.     Maximum length: 36 inches.
d.    Maximum length plus twice the diameter combined: 42 inches.
251.24 Quality
Packages (small packets) must be constructed to be strong enough to withstand normal handling.

SECOND EMAIL:
Thank you for contacting the USPS® Internet Customer Care Center. 

Determining Length 

Measure the longest side of the package, rounding to the nearest inch. This is your length.

Determining Girth (2x Width + 2x Height)

Measure the width of the package, rounding to the nearest inch. Multiply this number by 2. 
Measure the height of the package, rounding to the nearest inch. Multiply this number by 2. 
Add these two numbers together. This is your girth.
Add the length and the girth together. This is your combined package measurement.

Length + 2x Width + 2x Height
12  +  2(10)  +  2(3)  =  38

12  + 20  +  6  =  38

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us again.

Thank you for emailing your Postal Service™,

USPS Internet Customer Care Center

4 years 7 months ago #310001

Hello,

Firstly, can you make sure that you have a dedicated USPS shipping method for the "First Class Mail (International)" service ?

Also, can you edit the "plugins\hikashopshipping\usps\usps.php" file and add these lines :

//Adding limits for First class International shipping
if(!empty($rate->shipping_params->FIRSTCLASSINT)) {
	// 4lb  = 64oz
	$limit = array('w' => 4);
	if($rate->shipping_params->with_dimension){
		$limit['length_girth'] = 36;
		$limit['z'] = 24;
	}
}
Just before :
$packages = $this->getOrderPackage($order, array('weight_unit' => 'oz', 'volume_unit' => 'in', 'limit' => $limit, 'required_dimensions' => $required_dimensions));

And test it again ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311366

Mohamed, I am so sorry...I completely missed this response from you. I just put that new line in the PHP file of my test site, and it seems to work fine because it is still blocking me from shipping what i used to ship to New Zealand due to the new restrictions from international countries on package size.

Was there anything specific you needed me to watch for?

4 years 6 months ago #311375

Hello,

Well, it should have done the job as to add another restriction during the creation of every "virtual" packages that have to be sent to the USPS platform.

Can you give us more information about what it changed through your website through some screenshots for example ? Thank you

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311483

I've been looking...but I cannot find any changes.

The issue here is USPS used to allow First Class Parcel to international areas. Now, they do not because of pressure from international areas on box sizes. For instance, this specific person was trying to buy a starter set for a board game, which...per USPS calculations...now exceeds the mandated 36 inch volume by 2 inches at 38.

Based on what the code looked like (I'm no programmer so I could be completely wrong here) but it looks like you guys are factoring that into the equation now even though USPS is doing that in the shipping API for the USPS Shipping option.

4 years 6 months ago #311497

Hello,

Based on what the code looked like (I'm no programmer so I could be completely wrong here) but it looks like you guys are factoring that into the equation now even though USPS is doing that in the shipping API for the USPS Shipping option.

The only lines that are restricting the "First class international parcel" through the "plugins\hikashopshipping\usps\usps.php" file are :
if($parcel->Weight > 13 && $type =='FIRST CLASS' && isset($rate->shipping_params->firstclass_mail_type) && $rate->shipping_params->firstclass_mail_type == 'PARCEL')
	return;

You can eventually test it without these line.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311503

Maybe I'm doing something wrong...I'm not seeing a difference

4 years 6 months ago #311519

Hello,

You should probably clear your browser and Joomla cache before testing it again

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311611

You should probably clear your browser and Joomla cache before testing it again

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

I did...I'm not seeing any difference here

4 years 6 months ago #311631

Hello,

In that case can you send us a temporary back-end and FTP access to your website so that we can check the information that are st to the usps platform ? Thank you.

Kind regads,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #312271

Mohamed...seems I didn't get a notification again on this thread. I apologize...

Sending login info & FTP info via the Contact Us Form for the test site.

FYI...I also just had another issue with Canada shipping. The staging site has that most recent one which is order G3Y6Q71. I had to go in and manually change the shipping to First Class International and give back the customer the difference on the shipping. Can you please also look into that? The items were WELL under the 36 inch volume shipping as the box to ship in was 8x6x6 in inches...but when I was looking at his cart for him BEFORE he purchased everything, it was showing as 201 CU Inches.

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Dragon41673.

4 years 5 months ago #312275

Hello,

The orders information seem to be correctly sent to the USPS platform, but not that setting the "Use product dimension" to no will result in packages dimensions not sent to the USPS platform, so they'll only be able to apply weight restrictions.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #312287

The orders information seem to be correctly sent to the USPS platform, but not that setting the "Use product dimension" to no will result in packages dimensions not sent to the USPS platform, so they'll only be able to apply weight restrictions.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Interesting...I again did not get the notification that you messaged me. Not sure what's going on, it is set to be notified on responses. I'll try to remember to check at least once a day.

So Mohamed, you're saying to set the product dimensions to "NO" will work...because that is what it is set to and it's not working properly.

If i set it to yet...I seem to get the same results, so nothing is changing.

4 years 5 months ago #312316

Hello,

No, what I'm saying is that :

The orders information seem to be correctly sent to the USPS platform, but note that setting the "Use product dimension" to no will result in packages dimensions not sent to the USPS platform, so they'll only be able to apply weight restrictions.

So if you want USPS restrictions to be properly applied, you should set that option to YES.

If i set it to yet...I seem to get the same results, so nothing is changing.

If even clearing your cache and changing that option value doesn't change the final result, then that mean the USPS platform isn't properly applying their restrictions and returning rates. We actually don't have any control of values returned from the USPS platform as we can only send them as much information as we can about your customers orders.

So contacting USPS about your issue can be a good solution, we can eventually help you check the code sent to the USPS platform if needed.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds