ShipStation giving me an error

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 6 months ago #312014

Here is the error I'm receiving every time I update the orders in ShipStation.

An error occurred attempting to update orders: Invalid XML. Error: 'An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 12, position 56.' We received: '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<Orders>
<Order>
<OrderID><![CDATA[10201900297]]></OrderID>
<OrderNumber><![CDATA[297]]></OrderNumber>
<OrderDate>10/11/2019 23:31:51</OrderDate>

It used to say 295 where it says 297 above, but I thought the error may have had something to do with the order 295. Order 295 was a test order I had made and cancelled. So, I deleted 295 and the error changed to reflect the order ending in 297. Now I can't import any of my new orders from ShipStation. Is the issue in Hikashop or just the individual order?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
4 years 6 months ago #312022

Hello,

we will need more details to better understand the issue, more precisely :
- What do you mean by "I deleted 295" from backend or from Sql ?"
- Can you describe more precisely where you can read this error (screenshot)
- Did you provide the complete error message, and more especially the whole xml details ?
=> If yes, then can you activate in your ShipStation plugin the debug mode and provide via our Contact us form the complete Xml (that you will find in your log file).

Note : When you provide elements in our Contact us form don't forget to add an Url link to this topic.

"Is the issue in Hikashop or just the individual order?"
As so far, you are the only one to have this error, and so far I need more element, I can only guess but I suspect mishandling of your order references.
But the error around "EntityName" is strange as I don't know what mean this entry...

Awaiting news from you to move forward on your subject.
Regards

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Philip.

4 years 6 months ago #312095

- What do you mean by "I deleted 295" from backend or from Sql ?"
A: From the backend, not the SQL.
- Can you describe more precisely where you can read this error (screenshot)
A: Attached screenshot. You can see the error message near the top right where you can refresh it and you can see the log.
- Did you provide the complete error message, and more especially the whole xml details ?
=> If yes, then can you activate in your ShipStation plugin the debug mode and provide via our Contact us form the complete Xml (that you will find in your log file).
A: Is this the log file where the payment information? I was reading the docs and I think that is the one you want to see, but please let me know that it is and I'll send it over.

Thanks!

Attachments:

4 years 6 months ago #312105

Hello,

Yes, we speak about the same things, the log file (learn more here ) collects data from ShipStation if debug mode is "On", but you have to process an update to fill it with datas.

On our side, we have try to analyze your error, and we have a theory does some of your product name have some special characters (like ù/%/*/~/@ or else)...
Maybe a special character "breaks" the XML ?...

Anyway awaiting news from you.
Regards

4 years 6 months ago #312155

Requested Info sent via Contact Us.

I do have "/" in a couple of products, but that never broke it before?

Thank you.

4 years 6 months ago #312176

Hello,

Maybe (but can't be sure so far) that Shipstation standards have been changed, but it's just a guess.

For your message in Contact us form, I'm sorry but can you do again but with your log as a attached file, because we are unable to process completely datas from a clipped message, and the non-clipped version don't able us to copy/past to extract datas, sorry for this return.

Awaiting news from you to go more far.
Regards

4 years 6 months ago #312219

I don't see the option to add an attachment in the contact us form...

If I add it as an attachment here, how can I add it so only you see it as opposed to everyone, as there is sensitive info in it?

Philip wrote: Hello,

Maybe (but can't be sure so far) that Shipstation standards have been changed, but it's just a guess.

For your message in Contact us form, I'm sorry but can you do again but with your log as a attached file, because we are unable to process completely datas from a clipped message, and the non-clipped version don't able us to copy/past to extract datas, sorry for this return.

Awaiting news from you to go more far.
Regards

Attachments:

4 years 6 months ago #312222

Hello,

Right, sorry for this I sent you an Email like this you have our Contact us form email to attached your file.
Regards

4 years 6 months ago #312264

Hello,

I have received your log file, can you check the order with this references :
Order id : 304
Order Number : 10201900304

It's seems that your xml was break from this order, more specificaly on the order total.

If you don't see anything strange or specific around this order compare to other, provide via Contact us Form backend and frontend access to your website.

Regards

4 years 6 months ago #312279

Everything appears to be correct and nothing appears to be out of line. I have e-mailed the username and password for you to login to the backend of my site. Thanks.

4 years 6 months ago #312307

Hello,

We have updated the Shipstation plugin in order to increase data format an avoid potential issue with XML.
Now the point on your side is that we can't be sure it will solve your issue, even if there this a good chance that this can help.

So, update your Shipstation plugin ( here ) and process some news tests.
We are awaiting returns from you.
Regards

4 years 6 months ago #312331

It seems to be working now. I re-wrote the Name of the Shipping Method and updated the plugin. I had retraced my steps as to when I started having issues and I remember it was after I added a new "manual shipping plugin". I changed the name to something else, updated this plugin and now it seems to be working. It had to have been one, the other or a mix of the two. I think it is ok to call this solved, but if it arises again, I will let you know immediately. Thank you!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds