Hika Shop Manual Shipping Per Product

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 4 weeks ago #316874

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.customqualitypetfurniture.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 7.3.6
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.6

I have manual shipping and have selected per product.

When adding the first product the drop down to select shipping is correct and the correct price is added to the cart. However, when you add a second product the shipping drop down now displays the price as first product shipping amount + the amount for this new product. Why? I need each product to show it's own shipping in the drop down then total on final checkout page.

Example:
first product shipping amount selected $21.00 (adds to cart correctly)
Second product should show shipping of $15.00 in selection drop down but instead it shows $36.00 (first product shipping amount + second product shipping amount)

Please test with products P1020 and P1016

I have other shipping choices in there so just disregard those.

Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by masweb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 weeks ago #316875

This also while we are discussing. I do not want this displaying on the product page. Please advise on how to remove it.

These shipping methods are available :

Pick Up : $0.00
Ship Unassembled : $0.00
Ship Assembled : $0.00

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 4 weeks ago #316876

Hi,

The shipping method you select in the checkout is common for the whole cart.
and thus, the price you see in the dropdown selector for each shipping method is the price for the whole cart too.
Now I don't know how you configured your shipping methods.
Note that the price of a shipping method is calculated like this:
Price configured in shipping method + (cart total price * percentage configured in shipping method) + ( quantity of products in the cart * Price per product configured in shipping method ) + (for each product: price configured in the "shipping prices" area of the product + (fee configured in the "shipping prices" area of the product * quantity of the product in the cart))

So supposing that you've configured a price of 21$ for the first product in its "shipping prices" area, and a price of 15$ for the second product in its "shipping prices" area, both will add up to 36$ on the checkout if you have both in the cart.

If that's not what you want, then you don't want to use the "shipping prices" area for configuring your shipping methods price.
But I'm not sure what result you want so I'm not sure what to tell you to do.
Your example is not clear since I don't understand why the price of a shipping method should be lower with 2 products in the cart than when you only have one product (remember that the shipping method is for the whole cart).

Now if you want one dropdown of shipping methods for each product in the cart, it's possible. You need to create one warehouse for each product in the System>Warehouse menu, then select the corresponding warehouse in each product's warehouse setting, and finally create a set of shipping methods for each warehouse in the System>Shipping methods menu. On the checkout, the products will be grouped per warehouse, and each group will have its own dropdown with the shipping methods assigned to the warehouse of the group and then you'll see the sum of the selected shipping methods price as the "global shipping price" in the cart.

Regarding the shipping methods price display on the product page, that's because you've activated it in the settings of the shipping price per product plugin via the Joomla plugins manager. So you want to deactivate that setting.

Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by nicolas.

4 years 4 weeks ago #316888

Ok, that is a lot of steps to have different shipping prices per products. When I set up the warehouse and then the shipping for each I still get 2 separate shipping options at checkout when adding the second product?

See attached that would be very confusing for a customer.

1st pic attached is adding 1 product 2nd pic attached is what I get when I add the second product

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by masweb. Reason: Better clarification

4 years 4 weeks ago #316894

Hi,

Make sure that you have the "Multiple group product display" setting activated and the "selector type" setting set to "list" in the "shipping" view of the Checkout workflow editor in the HikaShop configuration and it should display better.

4 years 4 weeks ago #316901

Thank you that worked. Last question I hope.....when entering a second Quantity of a product it does not double the shipping, is there a way to do that?

4 years 3 weeks ago #316913

Hi,

Yes. In your shipping methods, you have used the "price" setting to define the price of the shipping.
Instead, activate the "price per product" setting and you'll see a new setting appear where you can enter the shipping price per product.

4 years 3 weeks ago #316918

I did that and it is still calculating only 1 product even with 2 in the cart. Also if I remove the 18.00 in the "price" field and only have it in the Price Per Product Field I get 0.

Attachments:

4 years 3 weeks ago #316937

Hi,

It works fine on my end:
monosnap.com/file/PyIduB62QBETezLxVCfE8s6eRmESVT
monosnap.com/file/5Vr090odl7R9EzDnqUelWhtb3XKKL4
monosnap.com/file/kFs8Tc6ip71KdNTLtNifY2EgBLsd2g
Please check the screenshots and make sure your shipping method is properly configured.
Note that you need to click on the refresh icon after you change the quantity in the cart in order to see the shipping cost recalculated.

4 years 3 weeks ago #316938

Nope, when I do exactly what you do in shipping method it makes it 0 and does not give the shipping price at all. I am in the middle of adding a new template and would like to get this all worked out this week. Thanks

4 years 3 weeks ago #316940

I aslo have the warehouse in there for P1020

Attachments:

4 years 3 weeks ago #316943

never Mind I got it, had to add it to the product as well.

4 years 3 weeks ago #316964

Hopefully this is the last question. Is there a way to set the default of shipping? Right now it defaults to Pick/Up which is Free and I need it to default to Shipping assembled.

Attachments:

4 years 3 weeks ago #316967

I don't understand why this is so difficult to configure.

I have 53+ products all that need a warehouse codes which I have added but when I go into the Shipping method not all of them come up, it just continues to think (little circle that goes around while it is trying). Is there a limit to warehouse codes or a setting somewhere to change that total?

FYI: Everything works fine with the warehouse codes I can get to come up when adding the shipping methods. but I need ALL warehoue codes to come up.

Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by masweb. Reason: addt'l explanation

4 years 3 weeks ago #316980

Hi,

1. It will default to the first shipping method. So in your case, it will default to "ship assembled P1020". Note that in order to test that, you need to delete your cart in your backend and add the product to the cart again. Otherwise, when you change the order of shipping methods, you won't see the change in the frontend as the system keeps the selected shipping method selected as long as it's available.

2. Thank you for your feedback. That's a bug as no one had yet setup as many warehouses as you.
I was able to reproduce the problem and made a patch for that. It's now working on my end. To get the patch, please download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours. It will add the patch.
Please understand that what you're doing here is using a feature to do something else than what it was made to be used for.
That's why it's difficult to configure as it's not optimized for that.
Ideally, to make it easy to setup, the best would be to develop a shipping plugin specifically for your need, which is quite special.

4 years 3 weeks ago #316987

That did it, thank you. If I thought there was an easier way trust me I would do it. Shy of putting weight in do you have any suggestions for this many products with multiple shipping and all different pricing?

4 years 3 weeks ago #316988

On #1 (default shipping selection) most are defaulting to the Free shipping and I need it reversed. I cleared the cart (I think) but that did not change anything. I do not want to have to enter all of these again so any other ideas? Thanks by the way for all the help. Have used Hika for years but this customer is different.

4 years 3 weeks ago #316990

Hi,

Besides the development of a custom plugin to do that, I don't see any other way than what you're doing.

Regarding the default shipping method, I just checked the situation with the product of your example and I don't see the problem. The checkout properly defaults to the "Ship assembled p1020" shipping method:
monosnap.com/file/yGXvlD4oVERrbfUWFV2qUzEdSzCvjC
To me, it looks like it's already working like you want but since you already have a cart, you don't see the change as the other shipping method is already selected.
Try with another user account on another browser and you should see it works.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds