Shipping restriction no longer work?

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #321597

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.19
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome

Hi, For years I have had restrictions for shipping volume by adding a volume restriction on the product and also in the shipping method. This has always worked and now no longer works, i'm guessing since the last update?

see screen dumps for configuration

that has always worked previously.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 9 months ago #321608

Hi,

This is still working fine on our end and it's been ages that nothing changed there in HikaShop.
So I'm suspecting it comes from something else.
Could you explain what doesn't work exactly ?
Do you mean that you can select that shipping method even though the volume Is outside the restrictions of the shipping method ?

Note that on your screenshots, I can see that your product has a volume of 26mm^3 while the shipping method only appears if the products in the cart have a volume of maximum 24mm^3. So as long as that product is in the cart, it would be normal that this shipping method method doesn't display on the checkout.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #321648

Hi, Yes that's correct it should not show but it does allowing the customer to select a shipping cost that is far lower than the actual cost?

it's on a variant it that helps? and has worked correctly for years? it also appears to not work with any product with this restriction?

The weight restriction still works though? if I lower the weight in the shipping method this stops its showing but as there are 100's of other items this is not a realistic solution.

Rgds

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 9 months ago #321653

Hi,

If you see a shipping method selectable on the checkout, it means that all the restrictions you configured in the shipping method are being met.
If you don't want it in the situation of the checkout, then you probably want to change the settings of that shipping method.
Now to be able to provide a precise solution, I would need you to provide precise instructions to reproduce the situation on your website and then that you provide a screenshot of the shipping method you don't want there, and a screenshot of the all the settings of the product in the cart.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #321684

Hi, Attached are screen dumps of requested items.
1. the shipping method shown selected should not be visible to select when the product is put in to the cart, as you can see it is in there
2. this has always worked previously with the setting shown in both the shipping method and product settings
3. I need to prevent items with a greater size/volume of 25mm from using the shipping method in the screen dumps
Hope this helps to explain what I am trying to do

Rgds

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 9 months ago #321685

Hello,

It's actually working fine on my end with the same configuration, can we get a temporary access to your back-end to directly test it ? Thank you.

You can send it through our contact form by specifying a link to that thread in your message, thank you :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds