Changing package type in myparcel label and track plugin

• Thank you received: 8
3 years 8 months ago #322669

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.31

Hi,
Last week I installed the Myparcel label and track plugin.
One of the settings is a standard package type. I selected letter.
Editing an order I can change the package type of that order in mailbox package or package.

This editing of the order is an annoying extra action.
It would be a big improvement if changing of the package type is possible in the order listing using a dropdown, just like the way you can change the order status.

Even better would be if selecting the right package is done automatically. Then the plugin recognizes the package type that suits the shipping method of the order. I can imagine this might be difficult to achive.

Is there a way to get an easier package type selection?

Regards,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13060
3 years 8 months ago #322672

Hi,

Well, to know which package to set, don't you need to open the order to check the products of the order and / or the shipping method selected by the customer ?
Having to go back to the listing to change the type wouldn't instead add an extra step ?
That's what I thought when I developed the plugin and decided to add the edition in the additional information of the order.

Now setting the package type based on the shipping method selected is an interesting idea. I think that's possible. With the HikaShop override capabilities, it should be possible to add an extra option to the shipping methods from a hikashop plugin and then take it into account during the order creation to set the type of the package in the order.
It would require several hours of developments and testing so that's not something I could give you like that though.
If you're interested in us working on that capability to add it to the plugin, please use our contact form and we can give you a quote:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Thank you received: 8
3 years 8 months ago #322769

Hi,

After a week experience with the plugin I agree: it's fine to change the package type while editing the order.

For clarity: I didnot propose to remove the editing of the package type in the Additional information.
My idea was to add editing in the order listing via a dropdown.
Just like one can edit the order status in the listing and in the order details.

I'm glad to read that it might be possible setting the package type based on the shipping method selected.
That would be a nice improvement.
However we want to gain more experience working with the plugin first. After a while we know if this is so important to us that we want to invest money in it.

Kind regards,
Udo

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds