Manual Shipping Method - postcode case bug

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 6 months ago #324263

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21

Hello there,

Using HikaShop Essentials for my first site, I've come across a bug with the manual shipping plugin. For example, I'd like to have the rule:

if the UK Shipping postcode starts with "CT14", then charge £5 for local delivery

With the prefix of "CT" and the range from "141" to "149" this works ... until the customer uses lowercase e.g. "ct143ef" - at which point the manual shipping plugin fails to execute the rule. Presumably the plugin carries out a case sensitive check on the prefix.

One solutions would be to duplicate all the postcode shipping rules for lowercase as well ... but then what would happen if the customer then typed "Ct14" - which is more than possible, as they accidentally release the SHIFT key whilst typing the postcode. Also I have a number of these rules, so it will be a lot of work.

Could this bug please be fixed? My site requires local delivery set up and this issue is causing delivery problems.
Possibly provide a way to force upper case in the postcode custom field or provide an option for case insensitive checks on the prefix within the manual shipping plugin.

Many thanks
Marcus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 6 months ago #324265

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. That will indeed be a nice improvement to have these prefix and suffix options be case insensitive.
I've added a patch for that on our end.
Download the install package of the latest version of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and that will add the patch.

The following user(s) said Thank You: marcusadamski

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 6 months ago #324280

Hello Nicolas

Thanks very much for the speedy fix. I reinstalled with the newest version today and tested the prefix with lower, mixed and uppercase - and the manual shipping method worked how I needed. This will stop delivery issues for my customer,

Really appreciate the quick turnaround. Regards,
Marcus

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds